PDA

View Full Version : N167 Grading question

Archive
10-07-2005, 06:52 PM
Posted By: <b>Clinton</b><p>Hello, I've been lurking on the site now for 2 months and enjoy the weatlth of knowledge here and the passion everyone displays for their hobby. I have a couple qustions regarding an N167 Mickey (Welsh) Welch. I bought it and a Ned Hanlon scrapp at an antique shop. The problem is the owner removed the Welch from a book, so it has back damage, and then laminated it. My questions are can it be graded and what would it be worth? The front of the card is in decent shape with dinged corners even though it is laminated. Luckily she didn't laminate the Hanlon.<br /><br />Thanks in advance for your help! Clinton

Archive
10-07-2005, 06:56 PM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>Strange, but I have a restored N167 Welch coming up in my November auction. Two at once of a card that rare is quite unusual. I believe PSA will slab it with a label that reads: "authentic-restored." SGC issues "authentic" labels but will not holder a card that has had restoration. As far as the value of a restored Welch I can let you know after my auction. Mine has tremendous eye appeal, so that will help it.

Archive
10-07-2005, 07:09 PM
Posted By: <b>Clinton</b><p> Barry I'll keep an eye on your auction. I'll also try PSA and see if they will slab it or not.<br /><br />Thanks again! Clinton