PDA

View Full Version : delivery confirmation is great, provided the item makes it into the mail

Archive
10-03-2005, 05:14 PM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>I recently sent an E90-1 to a seller for a refund. I used certified mail with return receipt and put the package into our postman's hands. It never made it into the USPS system. The seller claims he never got it, the USPS has no record of it. Our postman is a long-time deliverer and a really nice guy who's handled hundreds of packages for me, so I really don't think he lost it. I think the USPS fumbled. <br /><br />Confirmations and tracking capabilities are great stuff as long as the package actually makes it into the registry. As one of my friends once observed, the best systems in the world are no match for a minimum wage clerk not doing his job.

Archive
10-03-2005, 05:24 PM
Posted By: <b>Daniel Bretta</b><p>I'm interested in knowing why I come home to find packages on my front doorstep about once a week that have delivery confirmation stickers on them. I thought they had to be signed for?

Archive
10-03-2005, 05:28 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian</b><p>Delivery confirmation only requires the postman scan the package confirming it was delivered. <br /><br />Packages only need to be signed for if "signatured required", registered, $50+ insured etc...is purchased.<br /><br />I'm really happy about a Delivery Confirmation and $250 insured card I sent off on Sept 20th still not being delivered. At least it is in the system "accepted". <br /><br />Brian E.

Archive
10-05-2005, 05:41 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian</b><p>The September 20th package that I shipped finally arrived. I take back my USPS bashing comment for now...<br /><br />Brian E.

Archive
10-05-2005, 09:18 PM
Posted By: <b>tbob</b><p>But if you are a seller, be careful. Even with a delivery confirmation showing you sent the package and it was received by the buyer's post office, if the buyer says he never received it, you are S.O.L. (old army term)if the buyer paid with paypal because they will refund the money and debit your account or bank account.<br />True story.

Archive
10-06-2005, 01:00 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>What ever happened to the day when all a buyer needed was a DC and paypal didn't care if sent a blank piece of paper, just so long as you sent something? I remember that used to be a big scam on paypal. Now it's gone the other way and buyers have figured out that paypal will blindly refund your money. All you have to do is NOT get insurance and then claim you never got the item. You get the item and your money back.<br /><br />I've come to the opinion that all buyers will now have to be required to purchase insurance, even if what they win is only $5. I'm tired of the scam artists. Sadly, it's a few jerks like these that make it miserable for everyone else.<br /><br />Jay<br /><br />My place is full of valuable, worthless junk.