PDA

View Full Version : Authenticity of Cuban "Trinidad" Cigars Cards

Archive
09-25-2005, 06:11 PM
Posted By: <b>Paul</b><p>A seller from the Dominican Republic listed a few cards this past week and a few more this week from a Cuban set called "Trinidad y Hno" cigars. The pick of the litter was Ray Dandridge, linked below. Anyone know anything about these? Is this "Polar" round 2?<br /><br /><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5244052380" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5244052380</a>

Archive
09-25-2005, 06:26 PM
Posted By: <b>Chad</b><p>To me they look like they were cut of of a program or something and then made to look like they'd been glued in an album. Let me be clear this is just my novice opinion. They very well could be real and then I'll be kicking myself for letting the Dandridge go. And the Cocaina Garcia. Sigh. This hobby is tough sometimes.<br /><br />--Chad<br /><br />edited to delete mention of a private conversation I've had with a board member about these. On second thought, I didn't feel comfortable making it public.<br /><br />

Archive
09-25-2005, 07:17 PM
Posted By: <b>scgaynor</b><p>They are the same images used in the Cuban Winter League yearbooks, right down to the typeface.<br /><br />scott

Archive
09-26-2005, 07:16 AM
Posted By: <b>David Vargha</b><p>I was the high bidder on this. It's either a great deal or a $200 waste of money. Can somebody "in the know" please give me more information before I decide whether or not to send in my money? Contact me by e-mail or here and we can even talk on the phone if that is easier. I already sent an e-mail off to Ryan.<br><br>DavidVargha@hotmail.com

Archive
09-30-2005, 02:07 PM
Posted By: <b>Glen V</b><p>Did anyone determine if these are legit or not?

Archive
09-30-2005, 02:13 PM
Posted By: <b>David Vargha</b><p>I can't name names, but one of the most knowledgeable Cuban card collectors told me it is either a program cut-out or a copy of a a cut-out that was then stamped.<br><br>DavidVargha@hotmail.com