PDA

View Full Version : T207 Buck Weaver

Archive
09-22-2005, 11:12 AM
Posted By: <b>mike campbell</b><p>Can any one give me a ballpark estimate as to how many T207 George Weavers (Anonymous back) are out there? I'd really appreciate it. Just curious. PSA has it graded a 5.<br /><br />Thanks so much.

Archive
09-22-2005, 01:28 PM
Posted By: <b>tbob</b><p>The Weaver exists with the Anonymous back you mention, but also a Cycle back and a Broadleaf back and there is one known Red Cross back. It probably exists with both the Anonymous backs. As far as numbers, who knows? I do know that it appears in the tougher "scarce back" series but as far as the cards in that series it is not all that tough. Pelty, Donlin, Sweeney, Kuhn, etc. are all much tougher to find.

Archive
09-22-2005, 01:48 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>Tbob is correct. But if you need a ballpark you might use a number like 30-50 with Anonymous backs.....and probably wouldn't be too far off...this is just a wild ass guess though..

Archive
09-22-2005, 06:51 PM
Posted By: <b>Dan Koteles</b><p>I had and rid of the "Red Cycle and "Anonymous "backs.<br /><br />18 yrs of pre war and those are the first each that I have seen. Maybe a Barry Sloate type question.

Archive
09-22-2005, 07:12 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>I have only seen 2-3 Weavers with Anonymous backs. I said it was a guess. There could only be 5-10, I don't know... As for Red Cycle there's either fewer of them than Anonymous, or folks don't let them go ..Ya never see them for sale....

Archive
09-22-2005, 07:31 PM
Posted By: <b>Dan Koteles</b><p>I dont recollect seeing any large groups of T207's that often. I wonder how many total cards were made opposed to T206's and 5's ?<br /><br />Your Red Cross was a first of any regardless of it being Buck Weaver. Now I had remembered Anonymous backs, but not much into Red Cycle when I did have a bunch of the T207's many moons ago. There a a few cards that dont come in recruit backs and I do not know the story ,but Ralph Works is one of them cards.<br /><br />later