PDA

View Full Version : 1949 Leaf Paige on Ebay - Real or Reprint ?

Archive
09-20-2005, 06:04 AM
Posted By: <b>Ted Zanidakis</b><p>I am looking at a 1949 LEAF Leroy Paige on Ebay (#5244321320) <br />and I am questioning that it is an original. The colors appear too<br />bright, the cardboard stock is too "smooth", it is ungraded, and<br />the bidding is PRIVATE.<br /><br />Brand new seller, no history of BB cards in his profile. I think<br />something is suspicious here. But, he's up to 16 bids already.<br /><br />I am curious what others opinions are regarding this card. <br />

Archive
09-20-2005, 09:00 AM
Posted By: <b>Bill</b><p>I haven't looked at the auction but based on your description as to what is going on, I would not bid on it. Too suspicious.<br><br>Freedom is Not Free

Archive
09-20-2005, 09:50 AM
Posted By: <b>Brian Marcy</b><p><br />Just looking at his feedback I would pass. He has bought a shower head and a bunch of Camero parts/accessories. Oh, and he has been on ebay for 3 weeks. Not exactly the profile of someone who would have a card like this. If you look at his other auctions a bigger red flag should go up when you see the Ruth card! But wait, then he has Sexy Girl matches for sale and a Marlboro Zippo lighter. On second thought it must be real. Anyone selling a Marlboro Zippo lighter must have an original Paige Leaf card...<br /><br />Brian<br />Scottsdalecards.com

Archive
09-22-2005, 06:41 AM
Posted By: <b>Ted Zanidakis</b><p>I never had any intentions of bidding on this card. However.<br />17 bids have been made, to date totally $1225.<br />And, since the bidding is kept Private, we don't know what's<br />going on. It is utterly amazing and baffling at the same time.<br /><br />