PDA

View Full Version : Anybody from North Carolina?

Archive
09-20-2005, 06:24 PM
Posted By: <b>Tate Davis</b><p>I've lived in Eastern North Carolina all my life and i'm starting to think that its the worst place to live in if you collect vintage baseball cards. They are almost impossible to find. Usually a store's vintage cards turn out to be 1980 Rickey Henderson RCs. And if I ever do find a store that sells t206s, they are "Not for sale." The last card show i went to didn't have much either, and what it did have was way overpriced. ($215 for a t206 common with a good chunk of the card missing) So my question is, is there anyone on this forum from North Carolina who knows where i can find a good card shop that sales t206s and other vintage cards? I've spent years looking and have been very unsucessful. Thanks<br /><br />Tate

Archive
09-20-2005, 06:31 PM
Posted By: <b>Seth B.</b><p>I grew up in NC, and was in the Raleigh area recently. There are commonly shows at the NC State Fairgrounds in Raleigh. And I attended one of these shows I used to go to when I was little, and the only vintage cards there were on one table. This guy had the nerve to tell me up front that he would only trade 2 for 1 in his favor (His line, he paid $600 for the table space. Not sure why I should be the victim, then). He wanted $350 for a Magee E92 Dockman in a very low VG condition, and wouldn't budge. $100 for T206 commons. NC doesn't know cards at all, agreed. Very frustrating.