PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Card Shops in New England

Archive
09-12-2005, 07:49 AM
Posted By: <b>Chris Counts</b><p>I'm going to be in Boston this week, and I'm also planning to drive up into New Hampshire and Vermont. Does anybody have any recommendations for vintage card shops?

Archive
09-12-2005, 08:47 AM
Posted By: <b>Kevin Cummings</b><p>Don't know if they still do, but the store below used to have some decent vintage material.<br /><br />J J Teaparty Sports Cards<br />51 Bromfield St<br />Boston, MA <br />(617) 482-5705

Archive
09-12-2005, 05:57 PM
Posted By: <b>WP</b><p>Halls Nostalgia used to have some great cards.

Archive
09-13-2005, 04:57 AM
Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>Just down the street from JJ Teaparty is Baystate Coin which also may have som vintage. Both shops are on Bromfield street which runs between PArk and Washington Streets (both streets have a subway stop).<br /><br />Halls Nostalgia in Arlington is closed. They may still have another store (Lynn?).

Archive
09-20-2005, 07:28 AM
Posted By: <b>Chris Counts</b><p>Thanks for the tips. JJ's Tea Party is a real treasure. A great selection of old cards, and while they don't have much that's pre-war, they have a good selection of Play Balls. Reasonable prices, and they're nice folks, too. After a fruitful visit (I collect Play Balls), I walked about 30 minutes over to Fenway Park for a $12 tour of the ballpark. Now that was a bargain! I never did find the Cy Young statue, though, which evidentally marks the former location of the Sox' pre-Fenway ballpark. By the way, the coin store just a couple doors down the street from JJ's had some decent T206s, including a few stars.

Archive
09-20-2005, 01:23 PM
Posted By: <b>Greg</b><p>Chris,<br /><br />The Cy Young statue is just off Huntington Avenue on the campus of Northeastern University. If memory serves me, it's on World Series Way. Of course, you're not even close to Fenway Park at the old Huntington Avenue Groundslocation.<br /><br />Greg

Archive
09-20-2005, 02:49 PM
Posted By: <b>Peter Thomas</b><p>Cy is at Northeastern across from the Museum of Fine Arts about a 20 minute walk from Fenway.