PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the '10 Strip Cards on Ebay

Archive
09-19-2005, 10:07 AM
Posted By: <b>Glen V</b><p>Any ideas?<br /><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5244675310&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5244675310&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT</a>

Archive
09-19-2005, 10:18 AM
Posted By: <b>J Levine</b><p>Will Hays is a good guy and reputable seller. As to these "cards" I have no idea what they are...they almost look like a poster/picture that was cut up...not a true strip card...not sure what to make of them (just glad they do not picture Phillies).<br /><br />Joshua

Archive
09-19-2005, 10:28 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>and think his description is probably accurate. Not saying I wouldn't bid but at some point when does something cut up, that wasn't meant to be a card, become a card? I have no issue whatsoever with the way Will is describing these. As type collectors these can be sort of a questionable item? I wouldn't mind 1 so I could say I had one but I don't really think they are strip cards...in that they probably weren't meant to be collected like other strip card series....again, these are just semi-educated guesses.......regards

Archive
09-19-2005, 10:36 AM
Posted By: <b>identify7</b><p>To me, a baseball card is an item which was played with as such. In this case, I agree with Will Hays. The items offered look like they were inserted in a base which allowed them to stand up, and perhaps be moved around a board. The hand written numbers are interesting, but (again, to me) these are not baseball cards.

Archive
09-19-2005, 11:17 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>anyone else notice that the bodies are generic and the player's face is added? <br /><br />Jay<br><br>My place is full of valuable, worthless junk.

Archive
09-19-2005, 11:36 AM
Posted By: <b>identify7</b><p>Overall has a slightly different pose; and for that pose alone this offering may warrant a bid.

Archive
09-19-2005, 12:38 PM
Posted By: <b>Todd Schultz</b><p>The A's are not completely generic either--I see three different stances.<br /><br />Will Hays is certainly reputable, but I'm not convinced that this is anything more than a home-made attempt at creating game pieces.

Archive
09-19-2005, 12:57 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie Vognar</b><p>they do.