PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo Orbit packaging question

Archive
09-13-2005, 10:21 PM
Posted By: <b>mike mullins</b><p>Hello,<br /><br />I am looking for information on how R305 Tattoo Orbits were packaged and sold. Did they come with candy? Did the buyer have to cut them out?<br /><br />I ask because I have four of them -- Avrill, Foxx, Grove, and Waner -- and all of them appear hand-cut. The cuts seem old, from what I can tell, and they don't appear to be done to "straighten" the edges -- if that was the case, they did a lousy job.<br /><br />Thanks for your help!<br /><br />mm<br /><br />

Archive
09-14-2005, 01:17 PM
Posted By: <b>John Harrell</b><p>Orbit Gum manufactured several types of cards that included the R305 Tattoo Orbit baseball series, R308 Tattoo Orbit baseball series with self developing pictures and a non-sport Pirates series. All were sold with gum and each had its own wrapper. Which Tattoo Orbit player set do you have? R305 cards are red, yellow and black with white borders and player names and team on back and name on front. R308 cards have black and white images on front. Pirate cards (I'm at office and don't have my Burdick's American Card Catalog with me) were multicolored.<br><br>John

Archive
09-14-2005, 01:24 PM
Posted By: <b>Rhett Yeakley</b><p>I've seen an unopened R305 pack. Came with gum in glassine-type sleeve with minimal printing for 1-cent, player being visible before you bought it.<br />-Rhett

Archive
09-14-2005, 01:42 PM
Posted By: <b>Anthony</b><p>There was a tattoo orbit pack in either Mastro or REA earlier this year. Single card, glassine envelope. I believe it went for around $1100.

Archive
09-14-2005, 08:09 PM
Posted By: <b>mike mullins</b><p>Mine are R305's. Thank you for the information, that answers my question -- the cards I own are all just trimmed then. Why on earth somebody did that is beyond me...<br /><br />Best wishes,<br /><br />mm