PDA

View Full Version : would it be worth it?

Archive
09-11-2005, 11:42 PM
Posted By: <b>pete</b><p>Now I know several of you "die-hard" collectors would rule against it but...<br /><br />I have roughly 75-80 ungraded T206 commons that I am considering getting graded. Most in my opinion would grade between 2 and 4, with most of those coming in at 3's. If my purpose was to re-sell these later on down the road to upgrades, would it be worth the fees to have them graded? <br /><br />pete-<br><br>my best pitch was the one that made it to the plate!

Archive
09-12-2005, 12:37 AM
Posted By: <b>BlackSoxFan</b><p>Well i think there is a difference between someone saying they are against slabbing for their own collection and slabbing something for resale. That being said, slabbed will always sell better over the net and for the price i'm thinking (about 8 bucks/card for service) it's worth it statistically. It all depends on what the cards are and if you really think they will grade 2-4.<br /><br><br>Regards,<br />Black Sox Fan<br /><br />- - - - - - - - -<br /><br />I'm Smart Enough To Know, There Are A Lot Of People Who Know More Than I Know<br /><br /><a href="http://www.blacksoxfan.com" target="new">BlackSoxFan.com</a><br /><a href=mailto:shoelessjoe@blacksoxfan.com?subject=Ne t54>email me</a>

Archive
09-13-2005, 01:34 PM
Posted By: <b>barry arnold</b><p>Pete,<br /><br />i have around 200 206's all of which are graded.<br />many are in the 2-4 range you mention.<br />i feel that they are best protected in the slabs--particularly since i have taken them with<br />me every time i've run away from these Florida hurricanes.<br />as far as they're selling better graded, i've noticed a great difference in selling prices on<br />ebay between graded slabbed and unslabbed, with the slabbed always bringing the better bucks.<br />admittedly, i don't sell the 206's 'cause they're best friends, but for your investment purposes,<br />slabbing makes the best sense, methinks. I sent quite a few of the lower graded cards to GAI,<br />since they are cheaper and do a good job--generally.<br /><br />all the best<br />barry arnold

Archive
09-13-2005, 06:50 PM
Posted By: <b>pete</b><p>at $8-10 a pop, i'm just hoping to "re-coop" that when it's time to sell...i'll definitely have the higher priced cards slabbed, if not for resale value for protection when handling...<br />pete-<br><br>my best pitch was the one that made it to the plate!