PDA

View Full Version : How does SGC grade Strip cards?

Archive
09-08-2005, 11:17 AM
Posted By: <b>cmoking</b><p>I have emailed them, no response. I know PSA grades them with a numerical grade if the size is 'right' (per their definition) but if it is cut too small, they'll grade them as Authentic. At least that is what I have read here. What about SGC?

Archive
09-08-2005, 11:34 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>SGC will grade them, but as far as I know, they will send them back as too small, etc if they don't meet size requirements. Now that they've added the AUT grade, this might change.<br /><br />It would be nice if someone form SGC posted here as to what their policy is because it sure isn't clear on their site.<br /><br />Jay<br><br>My place is full of valuable, worthless junk.

Archive
09-08-2005, 11:50 AM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>They grade the cards numerically. If too small and you want authentication, they will probably do it, but if you don't make arrangements to authenticate instead of grade, my understanding is that they will kick them back to you.

Archive
09-08-2005, 11:58 AM
Posted By: <b>cmokings</b><p>thanks, when I send in a submission, I guess I'll write "please grade as Authentic (if possible) if it doesn't meet a numerical grade". Hopefully that will work fine. I had hoped an email would work with them, but I haven't had the success at meeting their great customer service that others have had.

Archive
09-08-2005, 06:33 PM
Posted By: <b>joe maples</b><p>They sent mine back to me as to small and off cut.