PDA

View Full Version : Old Judge Opinions

Archive
09-07-2005, 05:26 PM
Posted By: <b>Tate Davis</b><p>I mostly collect t206s, but i would like to own at least one old judge, and i'm thinking about buying this one:<br /><br /><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5238024267&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5238024267&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1</a><br /><br />I don't know a lot about n172s, so i thought i would ask for opinions from people on this forum. From what i've seen, this price looks a little low for a card in this condition. If you think that this would be a good buy, or if you think that I should pass on it, please let me know. Thank you very much.<br /><br />Tate

Archive
09-07-2005, 05:31 PM
Posted By: <b>identify7</b><p>NO WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, IS MADE WITH RESPECT TO ANY DESCRIPTION CONTAINED IN THIS AUCTION. Any description of the items contained in this auction is for the sole purpose of identifying the items, and no description of items has been made part of the basis of the bargain or has created any express warranty that the goods would conform to any description made by the seller.. <br /><br />Return Policy <br /><br />*All information listed is intended to be as accurate as possible, but errors are possible. No item may be returned or refused based on this information which is provided as a service to our customers.<br /><br />How does this deal sound to you, Tate?<br /><br />This is the agreement which this seller offers.<br /><br />Edited to add: I recommend buying an Old Judge from members of this Forum. Check out the 19th century section of the B/S/T in the upper left hand section of the Forum window. The seller in this eBay auction sounds like a thief to me.

Archive
09-07-2005, 05:36 PM
Posted By: <b>MW</b><p>Some of the seller's other cards appear to be trimmed, in particular the 1915 Cracker Jacks. I don't see anything out of the ordinary with the N172 but I would realistically expect a card in the G to VG range.

Archive
09-07-2005, 05:44 PM
Posted By: <b>Tate Davis</b><p>Yeah, the no warranty thing bothered me a little bit. I'm just wondering if someone could give me a clue as to whether or not this card was trimmed or counterfit or if anyone had done business with this guy before. I have a list of old judges that i was interested in and this one just happened to be the cheapest so i thought i would get opinions on it.

Archive
09-07-2005, 05:52 PM
Posted By: <b>Judge Dred (Fred)</b><p>The seller does have a rather strict policy on returns (basically none) but the card doesn't look to be that bad. I'd be willing to bet that the card is gradeable and that you'd get a 30 or 40 from SGC. Cahill only has two poses so this isn't so bad, even though the card seems readily available. The photo on that Old Judge is pretty good so you have selected a nice one for your collection if you intend to buy it. You could do worse.

Archive
09-07-2005, 06:26 PM
Posted By: <b>Gene Palmer</b><p>&lt;&lt;Add eight dollars for domestic shipping, EBAY Fees, and handling&gt;&gt;<br /><br />I thought adding Ebay fees to the shipping cost was against Ebay's policy.

Archive
09-07-2005, 08:05 PM
Posted By: <b>identify7</b><p>Are you sure that the seller has the card?<br /><br />He may only have the scan of a good card - and with his policy - he could easily switch to a card of lesser quality (or even a blank piece of cardboard).<br /><br />Or has my paranoia kicked into high gear again?

Archive
09-07-2005, 09:08 PM
Posted By: <b>Judge Dred (Fred)</b><p>Tate, did you buy the card? Someone did.

Archive
09-07-2005, 09:48 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie</b><p>The "No return" is bothersome, but--it bugs the hell out of me when a grading company calls an Old Judge a 5 when you can hardly SEE the pictyure because the contrast is so bad--this card has very nuice contrast.