PDA

View Full Version : Attention Ramly Collectors

Archive
09-04-2005, 03:32 AM
Posted By: <b>bruce dorskind</b><p>Ramly Advertising Find!!<br /><br />Over the weekend I discovered a rare coupon which states the following:<br /><br /><br />Baseball Club Photogravures<br /><br />Mail us 40 box fronts from Ramly Turkish Cigarettes or if you prefer 10<br />box fronts and 16 cents and we will mail you 18.5 x 23" of either<br />of the following baseball clubs with players names attached.<br /><br />These photogravures are printed on heavy plate paper, suitable for<br />framing and are without advertising.<br /><br />Boston American League<br />Boston National League<br />New York American League<br />New York National League<br />Detroit American League<br />Pittsburgh National League<br /><br />(First Series)<br /><br />This coupon substantiates the existence of the so called Ramly Team<br />Cabinets- the first of which (and the only one of which I am aware)<br />appeared in one of the most recent Robert Edward Auctions. Contact<br />Rob Lifson for a picture of the item<br /><br />Serious Ramly collectors can write to me directly for a scan of the item.<br />The coupon is about the same size as an E 120 card- may be difficult<br />to read. <br /><br />Would be interested to know if anyone has additional information<br />on the Ramly give aways.<br /><br />Bruce

Archive
09-06-2005, 03:10 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob Lemke</b><p>Bruce, your Ramly coupon is a variation of the one pictured in our column in the Jan. 14, 2005 SCD. That one does not mention Boston National League among the available team photos.

Archive
09-06-2005, 03:32 PM
Posted By: <b>scott brockelman</b><p>Bob,<br /><br />do you happen to have a scan of the coupon you mention from SCD?<br /><br />would like to get one if possible to see the variation.<br /><br />Bruce,<br /><br />i have a few of the coupons, along with several diffent boxes and other advertising material AND of course the only known premium. took me a long time to find one, but i knew they had to exist.<br /><br />scott