PDA

View Full Version : sorry: repost of fake ruth goudey

Archive
09-03-2005, 02:46 PM
Posted By: <b>peter</b><p>the link didnt work on the first post, but here it is<br /><br /><br /><a href="http://www.angelfire.com/theforce2/coolsportsfan/cards" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.angelfire.com/theforce2/coolsportsfan/cards</a>/<br /><br /><br />^that is right if not just copy and paste up to the cards, it is really important. I just wanted to know if its fake or not

Archive
09-03-2005, 02:50 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>I'd need a bigger scan, but it does look like it has the wet sheet ransfer that is common to real Goudeys and that you never see on a fake. If you post a larger, higher rez scan, that would be great, or email it to sabrjay@yahoo.com I'll be more than happy to let you know.<br /><br />If the card is real, you got a great deal.<br /><br />Jay<br><br>My place is full of valuable, worthless junk.

Archive
09-03-2005, 03:04 PM
Posted By: <b>dennis</b><p>image is a little small but it looks like one of those "1970's fake" goudeys

Archive
09-03-2005, 03:11 PM
Posted By: <b>cmoking</b><p>I was able to see a large front image of the card. Click on the small Front and on the right you'll see no picture but an X. But Click on "View Full-Size image on the bottom right, and you'll see a nice big image of the card. <br /><br />I don't see anything different about it compared to the Red Ruths I have. But I wouldn't be able to tell if it was a 70s fake or not - what are the characteristics of those reprints?<br /><br />From the scans, I see nothing unusual - but I don't know if I could spot a fake (by scan) if I saw one.

Archive
09-03-2005, 03:32 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>I clicked on the full size link and the picture wasn't any bigger<br /><br />Jay<br><br>My place is full of valuable, worthless junk.

Archive
09-03-2005, 03:34 PM
Posted By: <b>cmoking</b><p>That's wierd. I get a view that makes the card 6 inches by 5 inches.

Archive
09-03-2005, 03:49 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>differnce might be that I am using a 43" lcd screen for my monitor set at 1200x1600 resolution<br /><br />Jay<br><br>My place is full of valuable, worthless junk.

Archive
09-04-2005, 04:55 PM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>anyone else??? it is really important and i have till tonight to make a decision..

Archive
09-04-2005, 05:41 PM
Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>It's impossible to authenticate a card from a picture, as you have to see it in person. However, I don't see anyting glaringly wrong with the card in your picture-- and most Goudey Ruth fakes have something glaringly wrong with them and that can be seen in an online picture.<br /><br />You should send it into PSA. If officially graded, it's value would rise, and any reputable seller would give a refund if PSA said it was fake.