PDA

View Full Version : Hoblitzell "Variation"

Archive
08-28-2005, 12:34 PM
Posted By: <b>Cobby33</b><p>Has anyone seen this link on eBay:<br /><br /><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5233361399" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5233361399</a><br /><br />First time I've seen this "variation." Does anyone have any insight on whether it's legit. or simply just faded?<br /><br />Thanks!

Archive
08-28-2005, 12:53 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>just another case of the red ink running out. Personally, no big deal, but some t206 collectors seem to really want these printing errors. Makes no sense though why this wouldn't be legit since all those Boston cards are considered legit. Whatever that may mean to a collector.<br /><br />Jay<br><br>My place is full of valuable, worthless junk.

Archive
08-28-2005, 12:57 PM
Posted By: <b>Cobby33</b><p>Jay-Thanks for the response.<br />Upon closer inspection of the card, it appears that some of the features on the face are different, as well as some of the shadows on the uniform and the length of the writing. Maybe, maybe not.<br />Thanks again for your response--I think I'll pass on this one!

Archive
08-28-2005, 09:20 PM
Posted By: <b>Frank Wakefield</b><p>Jay is exactly right... and if shadows and the face look different, it is because some of the missing color is missing from there, too. This "variation" should be worth LESS than a normal card. But gas should cost less, too.

Archive
08-29-2005, 12:21 AM
Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>I am not sure it is totally the red ink running out because there seems to be some red above and below my guess is that it has some fading, not just low red ink.<br /><br />Lee

Archive
08-29-2005, 12:11 PM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>I bought it.

Archive
08-29-2005, 04:15 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>What's the deal with Hoblitzel having all the variations all these different sets, lol<br /><br />Jay<br><br>My place is full of valuable, worthless junk.