PDA

View Full Version : Mayos on Ebay

Archive
08-23-2005, 06:25 PM
Posted By: <b>Anson</b><p>Has anyone looked at the lots that were just listed. Apparently they were glued to a scrapbook but the backs don't look right to me (aren't they black?).<br /><br />

Archive
08-23-2005, 06:29 PM
Posted By: <b>Judge Dred (Fred)</b><p>The backs of Mayos are supposed to be brlack unless someone peeled the back off. It appears that someone peeled the backs of these off and put block print on the back indicating that these are Mayos - or maybe they're just fake.

Archive
08-23-2005, 06:31 PM
Posted By: <b>John</b><p>The images are grainy (originals did not utilize that type of printing process) and the backs should be black.

Archive
08-23-2005, 06:34 PM
Posted By: <b>Don J</b><p>They're all fakes. As was stated earlier, Mayo's have solid black backs and certainly don't say "Mayo" on the back. Biggest problem with Mayo's is in retouching with a black pen. Best seen under a mini-black light if you have one.

Archive
08-23-2005, 06:56 PM
Posted By: <b>David Smith</b><p>I have already E-mailed the seller about his "Mayo's" and "T206's" and told him that I can't wait to see the fake Cracker Jacks he is going to list next week.

Archive
08-23-2005, 07:27 PM
Posted By: <b>David Smith</b><p>I just checked and the cards have been taken down because of "an error in the listing".

Archive
08-23-2005, 08:08 PM
Posted By: <b>Frank Wakefield</b><p>Good job, guys.<br /><br />You remind me of a bunch of gunners on a B-17... nose gunner, waist gunners, belly, tail.. you guys ganged up on him and ran him off!

Archive
08-23-2005, 08:20 PM
Posted By: <b>Josh K.</b><p>Before we go lynching the seller: I emailed him this afternoon and he indicated he would take the listings down. It could have been a scam, but it also could have been someone who had no idea. All I know is that when I told him they were fake, he immediately emailed back thanking me for the info - not your usual "you dont know s#*@" response that a scammer normally sends.

Archive
08-23-2005, 08:27 PM
Posted By: <b>David Smith</b><p>The way the cards were listed, it seemed like a person who didn't know the cards were fake instead of the rip-off scam artists; i.e. "according to E-bay rules" or some other junk language.