PDA

View Full Version : East Coast National

Archive
08-18-2005, 05:46 PM
Posted By: <b>Kevin Cummings</b><p>My review: If your sock drawer needs rearranging, this would be the weekend to do it!<br /><br />I must admit, I did not go with high hopes on 19th century merchandise to begin with, so I wasn't terribly disappointed on that count, but SGC was supposed to be there taking submissions and they didn't show!

Archive
08-18-2005, 06:17 PM
Posted By: <b>cmoking</b><p>I was thinking of going...maybe not now. It's a 4 hour drive for me. Was 707 Sportscards there? Approximately how many dealers would you say had vintage stuff?

Archive
08-18-2005, 07:03 PM
Posted By: <b>FYS</b><p>SGC is only planned to be there from the 19th to the 21st (no 18th).

Archive
08-18-2005, 07:21 PM
Posted By: <b>Kevin Cummings</b><p>There was exactly <b>one</b> table with Old Judges (Roger Burns - Four Star Cards). Levi Bleam was there as was Ron Vitro. There was a fair number of dealers with T cards and Goudeys, but barely a sprinkling of any other significant vintage material. <br /><br />In my opinion certainly not worth a four hour drive.

Archive
08-18-2005, 08:27 PM
Posted By: <b>T206Collector</b><p>I live right down the road from the Westchester County Center. I have a stack of T206 cards to get graded by SGC this weekend, and I will be looking for a few T206 upgrades while I am there.<br /><br />It's the closest real show to NYC every few months. It's hard for me to complain about that because there is no alternative.

Archive
08-18-2005, 09:13 PM
Posted By: <b>Mike W</b><p>I wish something would come to Washington DC. This isn't exactly the baseball card collecting capital of the world... Anyone itching to make a "capital joke"?