PDA

View Full Version : T206 Museum issues COA for unusual t206

Archive
08-09-2005, 08:11 AM
Posted By: <b>Scott</b><p>Just found this new service by T206 Museum. They say they will issue COA for unusual t206s. Very interesting.<br /><br /><a href="http://www.t206museum.com/page/coa.html" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.t206museum.com/page/coa.html</a>

Archive
08-09-2005, 09:13 AM
Posted By: <b>JimB</b><p>This is great. PSA would not certify my "nodgrass" or orange variation Cobb at the National because they are not in the Standard Catalog.<br />JimB

Archive
08-09-2005, 11:32 AM
Posted By: <b>Scott</b><p>I wonder whether they would grade my t206 ads newspaper.

Archive
08-09-2005, 01:13 PM
Posted By: <b>MW</b><p>I'd proceed with extreme caution. The registration (WHOIS) information for the T206 Museum website (www.t206museum.com) is bogus.

Archive
08-09-2005, 01:55 PM
Posted By: <b>Scott</b><p>I have such concerns when I sold my first group of t206 to them back in 2001 when they were still "new". In fact, it was a flawless deal. I sold my trimmed Plank and some other HOFers to them last year and received overnight payment. I don't have t206 in my collection anymore but I am still a big fan of their site.

Archive
08-09-2005, 02:02 PM
Posted By: <b>bcornell</b><p>MW has a good point. The "team" that runs this website has always ignored all requests for information about who they are. Why would their COA with no one behind it have any value?<br /><br />Bill

Archive
08-09-2005, 02:22 PM
Posted By: <b>Scott</b><p>"The "team" that runs this website has always ignored all requests for information about who they are."<br /><br />Good point. But have we ever asked or they just ignored us? We couldn't assume they read this board if we just asked them on this board.

Archive
08-09-2005, 02:55 PM
Posted By: <b>bcornell</b><p>Scott -<br /><br />They've posted here before, or at least I assume that "t206museum admin" was one of them. They're mysterious for reasons that no one understands. Issuing a COA when you're anonymous is silly, in my opinion.<br /><br />Here's a previous post on the same subject: <a href="http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=153652&messageid=1104778131" target="_new">http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=153652&messageid=1104778131</a>.<br /><br /><br />Bill

Archive
08-09-2005, 02:58 PM
Posted By: <b>Elliot</b><p>They have consistently ignored people who have asked who they are, and they are aware of this forum. In fact, when they started their website, their lack of knowledge on t206's was surprising. Quite a number of errors on their website were corrected by members of this forum, including their pricing matrix. I'm not sure how much value i would place in their LOA.

Archive
08-09-2005, 03:21 PM
Posted By: <b>Scott</b><p><br />Well, I have no problem if the info on their site were corrected by people in this board since no one knows everything and we need to correct each other anyways especially the complicated t206 price guide. As long as they are willing to listen and correct the error then it is okay. That's the beauty of communications and the Internet right?<br /><br />Hmmm...if they have posted here before I don't know why they prefer to remain anonymous.<br /><br />But now I am thinking... we don't know those PSA/SGC/GAI graders who grade our cards too. Those graders are just groups of teenagers as far as I have seen in the show. They always label our cards wrong too. What are the diff here??

Archive
08-09-2005, 03:43 PM
Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>"Mr. X" on those baseball card holders was one thing, but it's not quite so cute with a Letter of Authenticity.

Archive
08-09-2005, 03:49 PM
Posted By: <b>JamesFeagin</b><p>If they choose to ignore collectors, then collector's should choose to ignore the validity of their LOA's.....

Archive
08-09-2005, 04:04 PM
Posted By: <b>Elliot</b><p>My point was that somebody who is providing a COA should have enough knowledge about the subject matter that numerous errors should not be in their work, to be corrected by others. BTW, a t206 price matrix is not complicated to people who collect the set. There may be disagreements, but they would still be in the same range.

Archive
08-09-2005, 05:07 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian Weisner</b><p><br /> Hi Elliot,<br /> I think one of our fellow board members has something to do with the site. Fire me an email and we'll talk. Later Brian

Archive
08-09-2005, 06:04 PM
Posted By: <b>Richard Dwyer</b><p>I emailed this morning asking if they could do T206 boxes. Their response was "sure, are they opened or unopened?" What difference would that make??? Their website was neglected for years, I'm starting to wonder...

Archive
08-09-2005, 06:32 PM
Posted By: <b>John</b><p>I always thought the point of this site was a front; they would use the web to buy or unload T206 cards and other cards from unsuspecting owners at super cheap prices? Or am I wrong? I remember emailing them once along time ago before I found this site asking a simple question, my question was not answered but returned with a do you want to sell response.

Archive
08-09-2005, 07:39 PM
Posted By: <b>Scott Forrest</b><p>They ignored my questions and asked "how much do you want?". When I said I didn't want to sell, they ignored all future emails.<br /><br />For the most part they gather t206-related info supplied by others - more like editors than writers.

Archive
08-09-2005, 07:44 PM
Posted By: <b>dan mckee</b><p>Nodgrass has been cataloged in the standard catalog for many years. PSA just thought it was a 1978 topps card trimmed.

Archive
08-09-2005, 07:57 PM
Posted By: <b>E. Angyal</b><p>I helped them straighten out a bunch of their T-206 back multipliers and they gave me credit for it on their website. I found it odd that even though they were cordial and they thanked me that there never was any indication of who I was dealing with. Kind of like the wizard behind the curtain in the Wizard of Oz. They never asked to buy anything from me, however.<br /><br />Eric

Archive
08-09-2005, 08:11 PM
Posted By: <b>Mike P.</b><p>My memory is horrible but I believe one of the guys I was corresponding with when I proposed my excel checklist thing was named Keith (I could be totally wrong but for some reason that name sticks in my head). Whoever it was, he always seemed to answer all my emails in a fairly timely manner, within 2-3 days of sending.

Archive
08-10-2005, 09:26 PM
Posted By: <b>Karr</b><p>All!!!!<br /><br />People used to say silence is golden and most of my team members agree to <br />that but I feel that<br />I have to step up and speak for my team.<br /><br /><br />Actually, it is interesting to see sellers and people on this board have two <br />faces. I don't want to<br />mention names here, but members in this forum ask us questions multiple <br />times and we helped them out<br />and they were all happy afterwards. But when they requested some tasks that <br />we refused to do then<br />they would get mad and become nasty and frighten us to ruin our reputations <br />and hack into our site.<br />(That's the main reason why our message board is no longer available) The <br />following are<br />just some of the examples what we refused to do, you can be the judge. <br />(e.g. display their not-so<br />unusual cards on our site, display articles of their "huge" $500 private <br />purchase, modify our checklist<br />to include t206 variations that they have, replace scans that we already <br />have with their scans...etc)<br /><br /><br />In addition, we have never asked collectors straight up to sell us their <br />cards when they email us.<br />We asked when they are looking for buyers, have intention to sell or ask us <br />how much we are willing<br />to pay for their cards (Yes, we always reply "How much are you looking for?" <br /> Isn't that the same<br />response you would get when you try to sell your cards at the show?? May be <br />that's where the confusion<br />and misunderstanding come from). We have a list of collectors (not our team <br />members) who are actively<br />seeking for unusual t206s and we figure we might able to help both sides if <br />some people are willing to<br />buy and some are willing to sell. All we have been trying is to help <br />collectors? But<br />seems like people here have bias on t206museum.com and don't consider us <br />among you guys. In fact, a<br />few people in my team are frequent visitors and active posters here but they <br />prefer to remain silent<br />and avoid all unnecessary offensive attacks.<br /><br /><br />Regarding to the main concern, we have decided to remain anonymous because<br />we are also collectors and we don't want people to track what we are buying <br />on eBay and major auctions.<br />We know some people constantly checking what others' bidding on then they <br />won't miss any<br />good deals and at the same time they don't need to waste time checking every <br />vintage auction listings.<br />Everyone hopes to buy stuffs at the lowest price, if we have done our <br />homeworks why would I let you get<br />them for free and give you a chance to snipe us???<br /><br /><br />Another reason we prefer to remain anonymous is because we don't want to <br />receive questions in our<br />personal email account since we have a central repository storing all the <br />emails and we take turn<br />answering emails everyday. We receive ~10 to 15 questions everyday, it is a <br />lot of work for us who<br />don't get pay for doing these. We update and have articles on our site <br />based on what collectors'<br />concerns and interested in therefore a central repository is needed for <br />providing suitable information<br />to my visitors.<br /><br /><br />That's it for now. If you have further comments, please email us at <br />faq@t206museum.com<br /><br /><br /><br />Richard,<br />When we replied your t206 boxes COA submission question, I think our <br />response was not just<br />"sure, are they opened or unopened?". Our reply probably means the same but <br />at least in a<br />more polite and professional manner.<br /><br /><br /><br />&gt;Hi Richard,<br />&gt;<br />&gt;Yes, we would do that. Are they opened or still factory sealed? If your <br />&gt;boxes can not be authenticated, money will be refunded to you less any <br />&gt;shipping charges.<br />&gt;<br />&gt;Regards, t206museum.com<br />&gt;<br />&gt;<br />&gt;<br />&gt;&gt;&gt;From: Richard Dwyer &lt;richarddwyer@sbcglobal.net&gt; To: coa@t206museum.com <br />&gt;&gt;&gt;Subject: T206 boxes Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 07:50:49 -0700<br />&gt;&gt;&gt;<br />&gt;&gt;&gt;I have 6 T206 boxes that I would like to have authenticated. They <br />&gt;&gt;&gt;have the right tax stamp, dates, and factory numbers. Can you do a <br />&gt;&gt;&gt;COA on these?<br />&gt;&gt;&gt;

Archive
08-10-2005, 09:46 PM
Posted By: <b>John</b><p>Karr;<br /><br />Just airing my experience nothing personal. I emailed your site once a long time ago with a question, and was replied with a response asking if I was interested in selling. Maybe that was not suppose to have happened, for that I will give you the benefit of the doubt, but it happened to me. <br /><br />Regards,<br /><br />John<br />

Archive
08-10-2005, 09:54 PM
Posted By: <b>Bill Cornell</b><p><i>But when they requested some tasks that we refused to do then they would get mad and become nasty and frighten us to ruin our reputations and hack into our site.</i><br /><br />Please. You need to pick up a dictionary and learn the difference between "privacy" and "anonymity". You're just a team [sic] of card poachers with a clumsy website.<br /><br />Bill

Archive
08-10-2005, 09:55 PM
Posted By: <b>Richard Dwyer</b><p>Still don't understand why they would want to know if they were opened or not. Shouldn't make any difference in authenticity. Makes me suspicious.

Archive
08-10-2005, 10:08 PM
Posted By: <b>DJ</b><p>I too e-mailed a long time ago with a question and in exchange got nothing. <br />I think being this secretive is a tad silly, especially since you are offering a serice to the public. I think I speak on behalf of the Board when I say that we really don't care what you buy. You honestly think we would follow your purchases? Hassle your home e-mail? C'mon. Who do you think you are/guys are? "Catcher In The Rye" author J.D Salinger? <br /><br />DJ

Archive
08-10-2005, 10:10 PM
Posted By: <b>MW</b><p><i>"Actually, it is interesting to see sellers and people on this board have two faces."</i><br /><br />If what you say about this is true, I can understand your frustration, but I don't think taking anonymous "pot shots" at others is going to ingratiate you with members of this forum.

Archive
08-11-2005, 05:40 AM
Posted By: <b>Scott Forrest</b><p>This is the kind of response you get when you contact a scammer on ebay. At least we have a clue here - English is at most their second language.

Archive
08-11-2005, 07:25 AM
Posted By: <b>Scott</b><p>"English is at most their second language"<br /><br />Agree on this one. Karr should have asked those silent members to write it instead. LOL