PDA

View Full Version : Having cards graded on-site at the National-questions

Archive
07-24-2005, 12:20 PM
Posted By: <b>tbob</b><p>How long does it take, generally, to have your cards graded on-site at the National? Do SGC, PSA and GAI charge a certain fee for on-site grading? How does this differ from their normal rates? Will the cards be graded and ready to take home during the National or will they be mailed? Can you get PSA to grade cards if you don't have a membership (or in my case if your membership has lapsed)?<br />Thanks for answering.

Archive
07-24-2005, 12:36 PM
Posted By: <b>Patrick McHugh</b><p>With psa they have a 35 dollar 2 hour grading and a 25 dollar next day grading. They say 6-8 hours on the 25 dollar service but they get backed up fast so count on next day. You do not need a membership. I do not know for sgc or gai. Hope this helps.Prices are per card.

Archive
07-24-2005, 01:00 PM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>SGC was $25 a card and it was good for overnight with no problems. PSA was slow. And rude. And surly.

Archive
07-24-2005, 08:43 PM
Posted By: <b>dan mckee</b><p>The last card I had graded on sight by PSA was at Ft Washington about a year ago and the price was $50. Patrick, are you sure your PSA prices are current? Dan.

Archive
07-24-2005, 08:53 PM
Posted By: <b>Elliot</b><p>At last year's National the prices were $50 and $25. However, I checked their website, and...<br /><br />PSA will be offering on-site grading at the following prices: $25 per card for the same or next day service $35 per card for two hour service PSA representatives will be available to answer all questions and accept submissions for all levels of service. PSA/DNA autograph experts, will be available to authenticate your previously signed autographs on-site

Archive
07-25-2005, 08:29 PM
Posted By: <b>Ted Zanidakis</b><p>I'm sure it will be somewhat different at the National; but, at<br /> the Ft. Washington Show GAI for a mere $5.- will pre-grade a card<br /> within an hour. And, if your happy with this grade, for an additional<br />$15.- will complete the grading process within 2 hrs. I expect this<br />quick turn-around service will take longer at the National<br /><br />If you are not happy with GAI's pre-grade, then take the card to SGC<br />(or PSA, etc.) and if your are lucky, perhaps you'll get a higher grade.<br />However, I am not aware that SGC or PSA are doing any pre-grading.<br />