PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again

Archive
07-19-2005, 06:37 PM
Posted By: <b>Gene Palmer</b><p>I didn't know old Honus could sew...<br /><br /><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5221065700&category=86837&rd=1" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5221065700&category=86837&rd=1</a>

Archive
07-19-2005, 06:49 PM
Posted By: <b>john/z28jd</b><p>So that was how to negotiate back then? Threatening to make a quilt? Wonder what that translates to in current time? possibly making a 3 course meal on a non holiday

Archive
07-19-2005, 06:50 PM
Posted By: <b>Mike H</b><p>Wouldn't the listing fee be over $100?

Archive
07-19-2005, 07:00 PM
Posted By: <b>john/z28jd</b><p>I just noticed the auction had 768 views in less than 5 hours.Might be a good way to advertise your own website,you can just put in the auction description its a reprint obviously but youll still get all the views,plus if you put something silly like spelling his last name Wanger,youll get people sending the link to others.I learned that from the Ray Jay Johnson online business marketing computer course i took last year

Archive
07-19-2005, 07:02 PM
Posted By: <b>Anson</b><p>at least it's only $10 to ship. Collectors travel far and wide for it too, but only the ones that sew.<br /><br />I wonder if the Card Saver is extra?

Archive
07-19-2005, 09:26 PM
Posted By: <b>Bryan</b><p>I sent the seller a polite message asking how he acquired the card. Here is his response.<br /><br />"I have had this card all my life in my big card collection and i recently read in Sports Illistrated how much it was worth and found it and decided to sell it."<br /><br />I responded, "How can you have a big card collection and own the holy grail of baseball cards and not know what it is worth?" No response yet. Does anyone else think this is an 8 to 12 year old boy listing the card?

Archive
07-19-2005, 09:37 PM
Posted By: <b>DJ</b><p>There were only 50 cards released to the public before they were recalled after Wagner threatened to sew<br /><br />HONUS...GET AWAY FROM THAT QUILT!!!!!!!<br /><br /><br />DJ

Archive
07-20-2005, 04:32 AM
Posted By: <b>dennis</b><p>no bryan,an 8-12 year old boy is smarter than that dope selling this card.

Archive
07-20-2005, 07:40 AM
Posted By: <b>Bryan</b><p>Here is his response to my question from two posts above.<br /><br />"well first of all i just thought it was just a funny little card and i took lots of pics before i found the best one and i didnt get the letters in that one but i can list another 1 with them."<br /><br />I responded by saying that without a clear picture of the card and the name at the bottom it is just another one of the hundreds of reprint and claimed to be authentic Wagners that appear on ebay. And I will leave it at that. What is the point. As long as people keep bidding, people will keep selling.<br />

Archive
07-20-2005, 09:24 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>The question you should have asked him was to see a pic of all the other cards in this collection. Gotta love a collector that haz a "big" collection and isn't aware of a Wagner in it.<br /><br />Jay<br><br>My place is full of valuable, worthless junk.

Archive
07-20-2005, 10:44 AM
Posted By: <b>mark</b><p>Since I am in the sellers area I emailed and asked if I could see the card personally to verify (or attempt to verify) it's originality. What do you suppose he/she will say ? Stay tuned.

Archive
07-20-2005, 02:15 PM
Posted By: <b>DJ</b><p>Honus is gone (This listing (5221065700) has been removed by eBay or is no longer available)...The Plank is gone. <br /><br />Is eBay going to bat for the idiots? <br /><br />I commend them for doing "something".<br /><br />Having looked at bogus cards in person (both thinking the advertised card MAY be the real thing), all I can say is that it depends on what the seller knows. If he THINKS it's authentic, he'll welcome you. If he KNOWS it's bogus, you won't hear back from the seller. <br /><br />This seller must have thought it was authentic. If he knew it was fake, he would have started the bidding at $9.99 and sold it for $35-40K to the "winner".<br /><br />DJ