PDA

View Full Version : 1933 George C. Miller Ivy Andrews. Why the premium?

Archive
07-19-2005, 07:07 PM
Posted By: <b>Brad Green</b><p><br /><br />I just finished looking at the eBay auction for the PSA-graded, diamond-punched 1933 George C. Miller card of Ivy Andrews. The auction ended with a winning bid of $3500. According to the 2004 Edition of the SCD Standard Catalog, all of the cards in the set of 32 are valued at about $550 or $900 in NM condition -- with the exception of Dizzy Dean at $2000 and Ivy Andrews at $4000. Why does the card of Ivy Andrews command a premium? He's certainly a much lesser known player than some of the other players represented in the set (Lefty Grove and Jimmie Foxx, for example). Was this card short-printed? Is this the only known card of Ivy Andrews?<br /><br /><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5217123139&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5217123139&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1</a><br /><br /><br />

Archive
07-19-2005, 07:09 PM
Posted By: <b>Andrew</b><p>It is hoped that the item description answers your question.<br><br>“A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.” - English Proverb

Archive
07-19-2005, 07:14 PM
Posted By: <b>Brad Green</b><p><br />Perhaps I should have read the description in a lot more detail... Why the $2000 premium on Dizzy Dean?<br /><br /><br />

Archive
07-19-2005, 07:15 PM
Posted By: <b>dan mckee</b><p>The Andrews is IMPOSSIBLE as a full card! There are only 2 others known to exist uncancelled. This one was cancelled but still full, very, very rare. Dan. Plus $3500 to cweik is like $20 to you and me.

Archive
07-19-2005, 07:49 PM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>anybody care to fess up to talking Fullcount into ending the auction early on the Mel Ott they had listed for a couple days last week?...Danny?

Archive
07-19-2005, 09:04 PM
Posted By: <b>Mike Williams</b><p>The card was pulled because the description clearly stated there were no creases...upon a further hard look under a 10x lopue (at the request of a high bidder), there were creases I just didn't see initially when listing the card. Since there were many bids (and in the interest of not screwing the eventual high bidder), I felt ending the auction early due to this listing error was in order. Since then, I have received many emails with offers (of couse, I disclosed the reason the card was pulled). I'd ask you to name one other time Full Count ended an auction early due to a listing error? I'll help ya out here...none. There is no trend here (as far as Full Count is concerened), relax...it's only cardboard.<br /><br />Take care,<br /><br />Mike

Archive
07-19-2005, 09:14 PM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>...I was so relaxed I must have missed the relisting...no worries...Danny would have outbid me anyways...