PDA

View Full Version : Brand New Collectors TV Channel Starting-see web site link

Archive
07-14-2005, 08:11 PM
Posted By: <b>bruce dorskind</b><p><br />Dear Forum Members:<br /><br />There is a streaming video of my collection on the Internet- Exciting new<br />site which will link with a brand new television channel just for Collectors.<br /><br />see link: Take Me Out<br /><br /><a href="http://www.collectorsquest.com/video/collectors.php" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.collectorsquest.com/video/collectors.php</a><br /><br /><br />Would welcome your comments- about the concept.<br /><br />Thanks,<br /><br />Bruce<br />

Archive
07-14-2005, 08:22 PM
Posted By: <b>Josh K.</b><p>Very nice stuff - and a nice piece. I particularly liked the story about the matty boston garter. pretty nice return on your investment.

Archive
07-14-2005, 08:55 PM
Posted By: <b>Mike H</b><p>Outstanding Bruce. I hope this program grows. Congratulations on a terrific collection. Is there a longer segment that features more of it?

Archive
07-15-2005, 12:02 AM
Posted By: <b>john/z28jd</b><p>Great video Bruce,got me thinking about what i would show if i had 3 minutes of air time to show off cards,memorabilia<br /><br /><br />Really enjoyed it!

Archive
07-15-2005, 05:34 AM
Posted By: <b>Hal Lewis</b><p>Awesome!<br /><br />I would pay good money for a 3-hour DVD featuring all of the best collections in the Nation!!!<br /><br />Someone needs to get on it! Go Bruce, Go!

Archive
07-15-2005, 06:32 AM
Posted By: <b>Kevin Cummings</b><p>I especially liked the ticket with the lightbulb. I assume that was for the first major league night game at Crosley Field.

Archive
07-15-2005, 06:48 AM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>If memory serves (and it doesn't always) I think the Dodgers printed that ticket for the first night game at Ebbetts Field. And I know Bruce is a Dodger collector. He can answer this more accurately.

Archive
07-15-2005, 08:24 AM
Posted By: <b>Bruce Dorskind</b><p><br /><br />What is special about this Dodger ticket is that it is not only<br />the first night game ever at Ebbetts Field but it was the<br />second of Johnny Van Der Meer's two no hitters.<br /><br />Only three other tickets are known.<br /><br />Purchased in a Leland's Auction bout 6 years ago<br />for $2700<br /><br /><br />Bruce

Archive
07-15-2005, 08:32 AM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>That's right- Vandy's second no-hitter was the first night game at Ebbett's field- truth is it could have helped him as perhaps the lights were not as efficient as they should be. Bruce, neat little film. How did that all come about? Who is on the other side of the camera?

Archive
07-15-2005, 10:52 AM
Posted By: <b>Daniel Bretta</b><p>Very cool. I love that Zimmer game. Is this new channel something you are involved with Bruce?<br />

Archive
07-15-2005, 12:11 PM
Posted By: <b>Aaron M.</b><p>Bruce: <br /><br />Great site and great collection. I work at the television production company that produced the John Laroqeutte hosted "Incurable Collector" series that ran on A&E a few years ago and have been waiting for something to take its place. (I don't care what the collection is, I'm usually fascinated by it.) <br /><br />I also own the same light bulb die-cut Dodger ticket, but for a subsequent game. I bought it from Lou Lipset about a year ago--MUCH less expensive than the Van Der Meer game! It's one of my favorite items in my collection. <br /><br />--Aaron

Archive
07-15-2005, 12:24 PM
Posted By: <b>Daniel Bretta</b><p>Aaron, I loved that show. One of my collector friends (Gus Lopez) was featured on one of the shows showing off his Star Wars collection.

Archive
07-15-2005, 12:41 PM
Posted By: <b>Aaron M.</b><p>Very cool, Dan. I loved that segment and I visit Gus's website all the time. I don't collect Star Wars figures, but I grew up playing with them and love reading about the never produced figures and various items I had no idea were out there at the time. <br /><br />You know what's funny, the segment the show did on Bill Mastro and his collection in 2001 was what brought me back to the sports hobby after a 16-year absence, but I didn't actually start to work for the production company until a year ago (and I had no idea they were one in the same until after I started my job). <br /><br />It's funny to admit this, but I've actually spent hours in the storage basement sifting through b-roll tapes trying to find additional footage of Mastro's collection (the segment is on my permanent Tivo archive and I still watch it frequently to this day). Sadly, no luck so far!

Archive
07-15-2005, 12:51 PM
Posted By: <b>Tom Boblitt</b><p>on DVD?<br />

Archive
07-15-2005, 12:56 PM
Posted By: <b>Scott Forrest</b><p>thanks for sharing this

Archive
07-15-2005, 01:12 PM
Posted By: <b>DJ</b><p>Truly Neat! Nice work Bruce! This hobby is always about collecting and the person who truly loves to collect, loves to share and I can tell from the braodcast that you take much pride in your collection. When I first saw the Barry Halper video, I was hooked. I still go to Seth Swirsky's site (www.seth.com) everyonce in a while and gauk with love at those wonderfield pieces. I have also bookmarked a lot of the collection sites from the Board and look over those sites with amazement.I<br /><br />Aaron, I too remember that show. It was really cool!<br /><br />DJ

Archive
07-15-2005, 02:06 PM
Posted By: <b>Adam J. Moraine</b><p>Bruce,<br /><br />AWESOME collection, my friend! I loved the Maris 61' pinback, as I am a HUGE Maris fan. Did Jackie's first game ticket make it to the Negro League Museum yet? <br /><br />Best Regards,<br /><br />Adam J. Moraine

Archive
07-15-2005, 02:50 PM
Posted By: <b>Bill Stone</b><p>Bruce --That was fun !!!!!! Thanks

Archive
07-15-2005, 04:53 PM
Posted By: <b>Aaron M.</b><p>Tom: <br /><br />I don't believe the series ever made it to DVD (it had a limited run of only 21 episodes before cancellation). However, the series usually resurfaces on one of the A&E networks every few months for another run of rebroadcasts (up until a few weeks ago they were running the cycle at 4:00 AM on Saturdays on the Biography Channel). <br /><br />--Aaron

Archive
07-15-2005, 05:56 PM
Posted By: <b>Mike H</b><p>Who is Gus? Where is the link to his site? Where is the link to the Mastro collection?

Archive
07-15-2005, 06:36 PM
Posted By: <b>Aaron M.</b><p>Gus Lopez is basically the pre-eminent Star Wars toy collector outside of Steve Sansweet. (The guy has actually taken field trips to Tunisia to track down old discarded movie props from 1975.) He and his collection were featured during a segment on "The Incurable Collector" in 2002. <br /><br />Gus maintains a comprehensive web archive on Star Wars toys at: <br /><br /><a href="http://www.toysrgus.com/collectors.html" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.toysrgus.com/collectors.html</a><br /><br />As far as Bill Mastro's collection, there's no web-site (although I wish there was!).

Archive
07-17-2005, 08:13 AM
Posted By: <b>bruce Dorskind</b><p><br /><br />The video section of the Collector's Quest web site was launched Jly 15<br /><br />They have already received over 2000 hits without any promotion<br />or advanced notice.<br /><br />Collectors Quest will launch as a televison network over the next 18<br />months---in advance they will be looking for collectors to speak about<br />the most interesting pieces in their collection...and the story behind<br />them<br /><br />Would love to hear about the most special pieces you own and<br />if you'd be interested in speaking about it on streaming video<br />and or CATV