PDA

View Full Version : Type Card Collection

Archive
07-15-2005, 12:08 PM
Posted By: <b>identify7</b><p>There are some people who collect baseball cards and they have no interest in the player who is shown on the card. Actually, in many cases, I imagine, they prefer the player to be an unknown – in order to reduce costs. But this is speculation on my part.<br /><br />But I betcha that there are many type card collectors who will trade off player cabiler for card quality.<br /><br />Similarly, I imagine that type card collectors have different secondary criteria; such as a type card set of Chicago players only, pitchers only, red cards only, etc.<br /><br />So type card collectors:<br /><br />Fess up! What do you collect, exactly? Come on, tell us what we are missing by caring which player is represented on our cards.<br />

Archive
07-15-2005, 12:57 PM
Posted By: <b>Scott Forrest</b><p>I used to have a great type set of catcher-gear cards, but like everything else I got bored with it. It's inexpensive, at times challenging, and the gear makes for more interesting lithos.

Archive
07-15-2005, 10:01 PM
Posted By: <b>pete ullman</b><p>i collect type cards to an extent...didn't get serious enough when I began and now lots of types are out of my reach. i also collect various other cards, yankees, hofers and sets and cards I like. <br /><br />I recently traded a coupon type 2 eddie collins...my only hofer coupon type 2, for an e97 camnitz type to go with my b/w e97. I liked the collins card more esthetically but took the bait for the rare e97. I have some regrets!<br /><br />pete in mn<br />an irrational sort of type collector