PDA

View Full Version : 14 B&W Blank Back Photo Baseball Cards, 3.25 x 5.25 inches

Archive
07-15-2005, 04:17 PM
Posted By: <b>JHT</b><p>Can anyone provide information (who produced them, date, value, etc) on 14 black and white photograph baseball cards that include Ralph Kiner, Ted Williams, Ewell Blackwell, Ritchie Ashburn, Bob Elliot, Gene Beardon, Enos Slaughter, Henry Sauer, Walter Evers, Hal Newhouser, Ellis Kinder, Dom DiMaggio, Walker Cooper and Vic Wertz? Cards are Blank Backs, signatures on the front, and "Made In USA" on lower right corner. I can provide scans upon request. Thanks.

Archive
07-15-2005, 04:25 PM
Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>Notable photographer Jim Rowe made similar about 3x5 blank back baseball photos and sold them commercially about the 1950s. They don't have Rowe's name anywhere on the photo cards, but I had a collection that included the origial typed receipt from Rowe.

Archive
07-15-2005, 04:30 PM
Posted By: <b>Jeff McKee</b><p>It sounds like you have the 1947-66 Exhibits cards. But a few of the ones you have listed are not listed in the price guide for that set. If you can post a scan I am sure someone here can help you. Good luck.

Archive
07-15-2005, 04:33 PM
Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>Guessed I missed the obvious and took 'photograph' literally. Exhibit Supply Company cards, which were sold in vending machines.