PDA

View Full Version : Hank Greenberg cards...

Archive
07-06-2005, 06:02 AM
Posted By: <b>Alan</b><p>Curious regarding cards on Hank Greenberg cards. Assuming talking only about off condition/low grade (regardless if graded or raw), which are the easiest cards to find ? Tough ones to find ? Expensive even in low grade ? etc,...<br /><br />Thanks.<br />Alan

Archive
07-06-2005, 06:53 AM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>The easiest are probably 1939 Play Ball. Toughest, I don't know, probably the GM card from the 1955 Golden Press Cleveland Indians. All will cost you; he is incredibly popular. If you just want one to have, I'd try the '39 Play Ball or perhaps a Goudey Wide Pen premium or Salutations Exhibit.

Archive
07-06-2005, 08:59 AM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>His 1937 OPC (Canadian Batter-Ups as some mistakenly call them) seems to be among his tougher cards and one I have yet to acquire to my otherwise complete set..seems to be about the toughest card from that set..I've seen a few (2 that i recall anyways) but they always go for real strong $$<br /><br /><br />edited to add:<br /><br />I always thought his '34 Goudey was a classic...his nicest card IMO.<br />

Archive
07-06-2005, 08:28 PM
Posted By: <b>JimB</b><p>My memory could be failing me completely but isn't there a Diamond Stars error that spells his name Greenburg?<br />JimB

Archive
07-06-2005, 08:36 PM
Posted By: <b>Zach</b><p>Ya there is.....I know nothing really on the issue though.

Archive
07-07-2005, 12:10 AM
Posted By: <b>Julie</b><p>Mine has a perfect front and back damage, so I got it real cheap.

Archive
07-11-2005, 08:25 AM
Posted By: <b>identify7</b><p>While Greenberg is arguably one of the top 5 sluggers ever in baseball, Abe Attell, and his boss, Rothstein, may have had a bigger impact on the game than that of Greenberg. <br /><br />Hammerin' Hank cards have been made every decade since the '30s. Those issued during his playing days are typically more costly. Many of those of more recent vintage can be obtained in top condition, at comparatively low cost. I think Goudey cards of Greenberg will always be in high demand in all grades because the set is very popular.<br /><br />Sports cards of Attell, during his active years will cost about $100 in mid-grade. Much less for an attractive unslabbed vg example.