PDA

View Full Version : Thank you to the legends of the past who served and fellow collectors

Archive
07-03-2005, 08:27 AM
Posted By: <b>Robert</b><p>As July 4th approaches, I wanted to say thank you not only to the many men from the past who put aside their baseball careers to serve in the armed forces to fight for freedom for each and every one of us but also to the men and women who are willing to make the ultimate sacrifice as they serve and protect us all around the world so that we can continue to live in a land where we can persue life, liberty and the persuit of happiness and independence without oppression.<br />As we get together with friends and family this holiday weekend, let us not forget those who have served so that we can enjoy freedom and the greatest American past-time, baseball in all its granduer. Thank you to my fellow collectors who have served our nation for without the sacrifices that each and every one has made, we wouldnt be able to do what is done here on this forum.<br />Baseball is so much more than just a game. Baseball is a living, breathing ideal and a working belief in action that with hard work,perseverance,sacrifice, and friendship each and every one of us can attain our goals and dreams. May we not forget.<br /><br />basicgreatguy@hotmail.com

Archive
07-03-2005, 09:38 AM
Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>I also give a deep and heart felt thanks to all that have served and are serving. I am from a generation that was lucky enough to have no serious conflict to grow up with. I never served but give great thanks to those that are and have served. <br />I get emotional at times just hearring stories of our service men and women that have been lost, they have made the greatest sacrifice to our country.<br />*I saw an unbelievable note that our country has increased the death benefits for families of service people from $12,000 to $100,000. That was sure long over due and amazing it was so low. We must take care of these people.*<br />I know we have some contributors read the forum that are in the service of our country, stay safe and thanks,<br /><br />Lee