PDA

View Full Version : Needing a Cracker Jack education

Archive
06-30-2005, 09:35 PM
Posted By: <b>Charlie</b><p>I am not real familar with the 1914 - 1915 Cracker Jack cards. After looking at the old cardboard website. It states that the size of the cards should be 2 1/4 X 3. I've seen somewhere that for the 1915 set this is true, but for the 1914 set it was not uncommon for the card to be shorter when it was produced. Is this true?

Archive
06-30-2005, 11:20 PM
Posted By: <b>JimB</b><p>I am less familiar with 1914's, but 1915's definately vary in size.<br />JimB

Archive
07-01-2005, 07:10 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>I don't know a lot about them but about 3-6 months ago a board member had a whole slew of '15's that were short...and graded....and not trimmed. They were almost too sharp looking but some were in SGC holders as I remember..I don't believe they were trimmed..regards

Archive
07-01-2005, 07:41 AM
Posted By: <b>Bryan Long</b><p>I have had a few short ones graded and a few short ones returned to me as trimmed. I think the size does vary a little here and there, but once again if you are talking about how the grading companies will look at them then you never know as I think it depends on what guy happens to be looking at them at the time. To answer your question though - yes the size does vary - at least mine did.

Archive
07-01-2005, 10:41 AM
Posted By: <b>Charlie</b><p>Thank You all very much for the info. If I got the card I would be sending in it to be graded so I guess it's just a crap shoot from there.