PDA

View Full Version : SCG Registry Sets (T-206)

Archive
06-26-2005, 03:49 PM
Posted By: <b>Adam J. Moraine</b><p>Forum Members,<br /><br />I had the opportunity to check out the SCG web site for the very first time. I were mainly interested in the Registery Set program that SCG has available to view. My main interest was T-206 set, who had the sets, and at what completion rate? Much to my disbelief, I discovered that quite a number of forum members, actually had REGISTERED T-206 sets, and at a respected completion rate. To those collectors, I wish you the very best in your collecting endeavors, and say CONGRATULATIONS,to all of you! I was VERY IMPRESSED! <br /><br />Best Regards,<br /><br />Adam J. Moraine<br /><br />p.s. I have posted in the b/s/t/ for several months now that I am seeking a Cobb T206 (red Portrait) in VG. Does ANYONE have one in a PSA/SCG 2? FOR SALE.... IF SO, email me,PLEASE! moneyman11380@mchsi.com <br /><br />

Archive
06-26-2005, 05:05 PM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>"I am seeking a Cobb T206 (red Portrait) in VG. Does ANYONE have one in a PSA/SCG 2? FOR SALE"<br /><br />Is this a joke?

Archive
06-26-2005, 05:09 PM
Posted By: <b>David H</b><p>yes, he really wants it in PSA 1 SGC 20

Archive
06-26-2005, 05:18 PM
Posted By: <b>Zach</b><p>I thought these cards weren't worth collecting ? And you should try ebay if your bst post has not come up with anything...I know there are alawys Cobbs around that grade on ebay.

Archive
06-26-2005, 05:25 PM
Posted By: <b>Adam J. Moraine</b><p>No, I am not joking, I am VERY serious. I want a Cobb T-206 (red, port) in PSA/SCG 2. <br /><br />Best Regards,<br /><br />Adam J. Moraine<br /><br />moneyman11380@mchsi.com<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />

Archive
06-26-2005, 05:28 PM
Posted By: <b>Adam J. Moraine</b><p>THE LOWEST PRICE T-206 RED, PORT COBB I HAVE FOUND IS $800.00 I DO NOT WANT TO SPEND THAT KIND OF MONEY RIGHT NOW.I AM EXPLORING MY BEST OPTIONS RIGHT NOW. I WOULD BE SATISFIED WITH A LOW GRADE 2(PSA) OR 20/30 (SCG) RIGHT NOW. <br /><br />BEST REGARDS,<br /><br />ADAM J. MORAINE

Archive
06-26-2005, 05:33 PM
Posted By: <b>Zach</b><p><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=57993&item=5209859393&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=57993&item=5209859393&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW</a><br /><br />this wont break 600

Archive
06-26-2005, 05:40 PM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>Adam ~<br /><br />When did you change your mind on PSA 3's and lower?

Archive
06-26-2005, 05:52 PM
Posted By: <b>Adam J. Moraine</b><p>Andrew,<br /><br />When I discovered a PSA 4 Cobb (red, port.)on Levi Bleam's web site at a price that I really did not want to spend on the card.I believe it was priced at 800-1,000. I NOW understand why my fellow collectors' collect low grade cards. They are affordable, and they still are the card that you are seeking, regardless of what condition there in. <br /><br />Best regards,<br /><br />Adam J. Moraine <br /><br />p.s.Zach, I can not bid on the SCG Cobb at the above EBAY link. I do not have access to EBAY.

Archive
06-26-2005, 06:24 PM
Posted By: <b>Steve</b><p>Interesting...........Levi is notorious for hi booking cards. I would not use his prices as a gauge. Why no Ebay?<br /><br />Steve D

Archive
06-26-2005, 06:30 PM
Posted By: <b>Daniel Bretta</b><p>Okay, now I think Adam is reaching troll status.<br /><br />

Archive
06-26-2005, 06:53 PM
Posted By: <b>Adam J. Moraine</b><p>AND I THINK YOU HAVE REACHED A-HOLE, STATUS, DAN B.<br /><br />BEST REGARDS,<br /><br />ADAM J. MORAINE <br /><br /><br />P.S. WHY THE "TROLL" STATUS? JUST BECAUSE I AM INTERESTED IN OBTAINING A CARD I CAN AFFORD.(IN A LOW/SEMI-MID GRADE) HEY DAN, WHY DO YOU PUCHASE A T-206 COBB (RED PORT.) FOR ME.SINCE YOU THINK I AM A "TROLL" IN WANTING TO PURCHASE A LOW GRADE COBB, ONE THAT I CAN AFFORD.

Archive
06-26-2005, 07:06 PM
Posted By: <b>Anson</b><p>Hopefully the Cobb is worth the holder it's in. <i>rolls eyes</i>

Archive
06-26-2005, 07:21 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob Rousseau</b><p>"Much to my disbelief, I discovered that quite a number of forum members, actually had REGISTERED T-206 sets, and at a respected completion rate."<br /><br />I'm curious- why were you in "disbelief" that forum members had registered sets- and especially, why were you in disbelief that they had a "respected (rate of) completion"? <br /><br />Thirdly- if I told you today - implied, let's say- that people that buy Mickey Mantle autographs and celebrity autographs are chumps- and if I then asked you in a few days if you could tell me where I could get a reasonably priced autograph, would you be inclined to help me, or would you be more inclined to tell me to go suck eggs?

Archive
06-26-2005, 07:23 PM
Posted By: <b>T206Collector</b><p>"My personal opinion is that PSA 1's,2's,3's are not even worth the plastic holders they are slabbed in, much less the amount of money these "collectors" spend on them.<br /><br />Best Regards,<br /><br />Adam J. Moraine"<br />

Archive
06-26-2005, 07:58 PM
Posted By: <b>Robert Nowell</b><p>Adam,<br />Why are you so suprised that the members here find your posting on this thread lacking? The regular members who post here do make "friendly" jokes to each other here and for the most part they are taken as such because they have taken the time to get to know one another without making idiotic blanketed remarks that are inflamatory as you have. You had a perfect opportunity to redeem yourself and admit that you were wrong in saying what you did about people collecting cards in something less than PSA 3. We all stick our foot in our mouths from time to time and that doesnt make it right but the difference is that a person with true integrity and honor will see the error and offense they have made and will do their best to graciously make heartfelt amends to those involved. Maybe if you had taken the time to realize that the fine people here were trying to give you a conscience "wake up" call and make a sincere appology to Leon and the board, maybe you wouldnt be taking the heat as you are right now in this thread. A true man will want to know when he is wrong and a true man will try and do what it takes to make things right. Face it Adam, you have been sorely wrong so why not graciously admit it and do the right thing instead of reverting to calling people names? You have posted things without any forethought as to how others might receive what you say and then you have the audacity to ask for help from the very people you callously ran over. You have done a fine job of alienating yourself from many on the board and you have no one to blame but yourself Adam. Its time to start acting like a GROWN UP with some manners. <br /><br />basicgreatguy@hotmail.com

Archive
06-26-2005, 09:21 PM
Posted By: <b>Adam J. Moraine</b><p>To Bob R., I were in disbelief that a number of forum members had registered sets and a nice percentace of completion rate because I did not know they had done so. Until I checked out there names, and noticed they were the same names as there login names. To Leon, and the rest of my fellow forum members a sincere and heart-felt apology to all, I had offended.<br /><br />Best regards,<br /><br />Adam J. Moraine

Archive
06-26-2005, 09:47 PM
Posted By: <b>joe brennan</b><p>I NOW understand why my fellow collectors' collect low grade cards. They are affordable, and they still are the card that you are seeking, regardless of what condition there in. <br /><br /><br /><br />I chose to ignore this post and the last post. I cannot help myself so forgive me.<br /><br /> Adam, You cant possibly tell me that you havent notice the hugh amount of money some of the other collectors spend on the rarer sets that they collect. Just the short time I've been here and been reading their posts and looking at the closings on the auctions that they've won or lost. Four digit and sometime 5 digits dollars are spent on rare lower grade cards here with regularity. All it took was to sit back and listen and marvel at what they spend. I suggest you spend more time reading, listening to what they say and adding something positive once in a while. You might just be able to crawl out of the hole you/ve dug with them some time in the future. <br /><br /> <br /><br /><br><br>"I had the right to remain silent. I just didn't have the ability" Ron White

Archive
06-26-2005, 10:10 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian</b><p>Adam:<br /><br />Of all the vintage Cobb cards, the T206 Red in G-VG condition is probably the easiest to fin.d They are on ebay all the time and regularly on the heritage auctions every three weeks or so. In fact I think there were three that just ended on Heritage. I picked up one a few hours ago for $507 including juice; I thought the price was about right, maybe a little high, but I wanted the Old Mill back.<br /><br /><a href="http://www.heritagesportscollectibles.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=45061&Lot_No=10008" target="_new" rel="nofollow"><a href="http://www.heritagesportscollectibles.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=45061&Lot_No=10008</a" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.heritagesportscollectibles.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=45061&Lot_No=10008</a</a>><br /><br />Brian

Archive
06-26-2005, 11:27 PM
Posted By: <b>Anson</b><p>That Chesbro E107 that just sold is a good example of "low grade" grabbing a few bucks

Archive
06-27-2005, 06:07 AM
Posted By: <b>John</b><p>Adam;<br /><br />Some of the collectors here have all sorts rare and hard to obtain sets in various stages of completion, and I heard a rumor that some of them aren’t even graded and registered. <br />

Archive
06-27-2005, 08:53 AM
Posted By: <b>dan mckee</b><p>Adam, email me and tell me what you are willing to pay for a red cobb, I will then tell you where one is or I will gladly do ebay for you. <br><br><br /><br />John, I don't buy that, what is the sense in having a set if it isn't graded and registered?