PDA

View Full Version : 1934 R310 Butterfinger

Archive
06-25-2005, 11:15 AM
Posted By: <b>joe brennan</b><p> I have just purchased the Encyclopedia of Baseball Cards by Lew Lipset, but havent recieved it yet. SO, until then I have to ask some questions. How many photos are in the R310 set? I figure the Ruth is the most expensive. What is a ball park figure on this photo and the whole set. Thanks in advance.<br /><br />Also I would like to purchase a copy of the American Card Catalog but havent been able to find 1. Does anyone have an old 1 or dup they would like to sell or info on getting one. Thanks again. Joe<br><br>"I had the right to remain silent. I just didn't have the ability" Ron White

Archive
06-25-2005, 12:01 PM
Posted By: <b>Todd Schultz</b><p>Joe, I don't believe they're listed in Lew's encyclopedia. There are 65 in the set, which is valued around $5K in NM. Good luck finding nm examples, though. The paper is very thin, susceptible to chipping and slight tears. Even with high-grade scans, it is sometimes hard to see the defects. If you're content with Ex or less condition, these are on e-bay all the time, and I think they're a good deal, provided you get one that presents well. Ruth and Gehrig are by far the most expensive "cards" in the set. Dizzy Dean and Walter Johnson follow, then most of the other HOFers are around the same. Again, these present well, and almost half of the premiums in the set are HOFers.<br /><br />There is a Canadian version that is slightly smaller in size and in number (58), that has some different players.<br /><br />There is also a hard to find version printed on heavy cardboard that carries the Butterfinger ad--probably store displays or salesman samples. I tried unsuccessfully to upload one here, I'll try again later.<br /><br /><br />

Archive
06-25-2005, 12:25 PM
Posted By: <b>joe brennan</b><p>Thanks Todd. Im sure with my budget I will be very happy with mid grade examples.<br><br>"I had the right to remain silent. I just didn't have the ability" Ron White