PDA

View Full Version : computer baseball game

Archive
06-21-2005, 08:30 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>This actually vintage related too. I've been a huge fan of Diamond Mind baseball for a long time since you can play just about any year from 1876 to date. You can play historical seasons, or you can treat like a fantasy league and draft your teams.<br /><br />I just got a demo for another great baseball game that can be played back to pre-War days, Baseball Mogul. You can start playing at any time, back to 1901. In this game, you are the owner of the team. You not only decide who makes the roster, but also the ticket price, concession prices, TV/radio contract. You can even build your team a new stadium.<br /><br />You can play solo, or create online leagues, drafting your own teams based on historical rosters. Players are retired when they retired historically, and they become available to draft when they became avaiable historically. No actual managing of the team on the field is done in this game.<br /><br />It's been a very interesting game so far. I'm just waiting for 1906 and 1907 to roll around so I can hopefully draft Cobb or Johnson.<br /><br />Jay<br /><br />Jay<br><br>My place is full of valuable, worthless junk.

Archive
06-22-2005, 08:43 AM
Posted By: <b>Jim Hoffman</b><p>Hi Jay--<br /><br />Good to hear that there are other baseball sim guys in this forum. I'm in an APBA league that uses their computer product, and we're just about to start our 20th consecutive season. <br /><br />We started out with MicroLeague Baseball, then changed over to the DOS version of APBA. Throughout the years, we've also used Lance Haffner's baseball game and Strat-o-Matic to supplement our APBA play.<br /><br />Definitely not vintage, as we're drafting and playing with current guys, but still a good time.<br /><br />I've been considering Diamond Mind for quite a while, but have never made the jump. Lots of people are sold on the game, though.<br /><br />Regards,<br /><br />JH