PDA

View Full Version : What did you NOT WIN that you wanted?

Archive
06-10-2005, 09:47 AM
Posted By: <b>identify7</b><p>For me it was just last night, but I didn't want it as much as the high bidder, I guess. It was an American Caramel Oscar Grimes.<br /><br />Why would anyone want a - who?, you may ask. Oscar Grimes holds the record for consecutive games with an RBI, and this is one of the holes in my RBIs assembliage.<br /><br />How about you?

Archive
06-10-2005, 09:55 AM
Posted By: <b>jamie</b><p>just recently missed out on a dummy hoy old judge. that hurt. <br /><br />the one card i seem to continually lose is a w514 joe jackson. its the only jax in my price range and something always seems to happen (outbid, seller flakes out, etc.) before i can get it in my hands.

Archive
06-10-2005, 10:15 AM
Posted By: <b>joe</b><p>Wanted that E107 Lush that Scott won yesterday, I figured if I bid just above the ex price I would win the card. I hope that is not a dup Scott.<br /><br />joe

Archive
06-10-2005, 10:19 AM
Posted By: <b>Chad</b><p>I had to decide between the Martin Dihigo and the Dandridge and went with the Dihigo. Deciding is the hardest part of this hobby for me and it's not even close. But man do i wish I had that Ray Dandridge, too.<br /><br /><br />--Chad

Archive
06-10-2005, 10:33 AM
Posted By: <b>DG</b><p>A W590 Gehrig that was talked about here a while ago. I thought I would take it home no problems... ended up losing by just 60 bucks and I didn't have e-mail access at the time. I will be kicking myself for that one for a while.<br /><br />Sidenote: If anyone has one and is willing to part - let me know!

Archive
06-10-2005, 11:19 AM
Posted By: <b>Paul</b><p>It was just last night. A Mathewson Pastime Novelty Co. postcard. Not sure why I didn't bid harder for it. Feeling a little bummed out today.

Archive
06-10-2005, 12:30 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie Vognar</b><p>I could've bid higher, I sort of knew I wouldn't win it, but I didn't. Now I'm sorry. Had to sell my own a few months back...

Archive
06-10-2005, 12:31 PM
Posted By: <b>Andrew Parks</b><p>I wanted that Matty postcard and the Princeton Team pic with Titus.

Archive
06-10-2005, 02:18 PM
Posted By: <b>Jeff McKee</b><p>For a week I watched that Matty postcard knowing it would be mine. Instead of using the auction stealer as I always do, I decided to bid myself. I couldnt believe it when it came back on the screen as auction ended after I tried to bid. I still feel the pain today, that seller lost some cash.

Archive
06-10-2005, 02:37 PM
Posted By: <b>Jim Hoffman</b><p>I was bummed that I didn't get some of the oversize baseball card paintings featured in the Robert Edward Auction. <br /><br />I was high bidder on the Gehrig, Aaron, Jackie Robinson and Campanella for awhile, but then the serious money started to emerge, leaving me with some big blank wallspace. . .

Archive
06-10-2005, 02:43 PM
Posted By: <b>jeff drum</b><p>Last fall I lost a 1923 Exhibit Al Simmons and have not located another presentable copy yet.