PDA

View Full Version : How does this guy keep decent feedback selling these doctored fakes as real??

Archive
06-07-2005, 04:58 PM
Posted By: <b>dan mckee</b><p><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31722&item=5205928377&rd=1" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31722&item=5205928377&rd=1</a>

Archive
06-07-2005, 05:32 PM
Posted By: <b>MW</b><p>Dan,<br /><br />The same reason "libertyforall" is able to thrive selling paper scraps -- many collectors just don't know any better or foolishly believe they can get something of great value for almost nothing.

Archive
06-07-2005, 06:24 PM
Posted By: <b>dan mckee</b><p>Libertyforall at least states exactly what his trash is. Cut out with other junk on back. These are doctored reprints to look old and being sold as real. I would think the negatives would have hit by now. Dan.

Archive
06-07-2005, 06:32 PM
Posted By: <b>scott brockelman</b><p>that is perhaps the worst attempt to age a card i have seen, i burst out laughing when the pic appeared, are those tire marks on the card? i understand mike's comment about some people not knowing better, but if anyone had ever seen a real 38 goudey before, they are not snow white and the do not have glossy fronts that crack when creased.<br /><br />my main advice to anyone stupid enough to bid on such is to go learn what your buying 1st! i don't know a thing about impressionist painting and i would NEVER buy anything without doing major homework. i do know coins and stamps among other items and feel comfortable in those areas. <br /><br />point is learn to walk before you run.<br /><br />scott

Archive
06-07-2005, 06:42 PM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>It looks like it was run over by a subway. There is so much damage that it is difficult to even see the card. Even if it were real, would anybody want a card in this condition? This would be a PSA minus one.

Archive
06-07-2005, 07:10 PM
Posted By: <b>Zach</b><p>I don't understand this..what's the point in making a reprint look THAT bad. I am a fan of low grade hofers but even if that card was real I wouldn't take it if you gave it to me.