PDA

View Full Version : Zeenut Players in Major Leagues

Archive
05-28-2005, 09:27 AM
Posted By: <b>Scott</b><p>Anyone know of a list of players who appeared in Zeenut cards that, at one point in their careers, also played in the Major Leagues? Saw a reference on Lew Lipset website that the late Don McPherson had put together such a list and it was printed in a 4-page article in Old Judge newsletter.

Archive
05-28-2005, 09:52 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>I have a list with correction. This list was run in one of Lew's Old Judge newsletters. I forget which issue. I just have a photocopy of the Zeenut list. It is over 800 players long<br /><br />Jay<br><br>I like to sit outside drink beer and yell at people. If I did this at home I would be arrested, so I go to baseball games and fit right in.

Archive
05-28-2005, 10:07 AM
Posted By: <b>Richard Masson</b><p>Which issue of the Old Judge did the list appear in?

Archive
05-28-2005, 11:33 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>I have no clue what issues. It was done in 4 parts, so I would assume it was in 4 different issues, plus another issue with corrections and updates. All I have on my copies is an Old Judge logo at the bottom of the page and a page number.<br /><br />Jay<br><br>I like to sit outside drink beer and yell at people. If I did this at home I would be arrested, so I go to baseball games and fit right in.

Archive
05-28-2005, 09:50 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>Just got an email from Lew. The list appears in issues 36, 38-40 of Old Judge.<br /><br />Jay<br><br>I like to sit outside drink beer and yell at people. If I did this at home I would be arrested, so I go to baseball games and fit right in.

Archive
05-29-2005, 04:56 PM
Posted By: <b>Richard Masson</b><p>I just plowed through my Old Judges newsletters and found they end at issue 30. If someone could photocopy the Zeenuts listings I would sure appreciate it...

Archive
05-31-2005, 08:12 PM
Posted By: <b>Judge Dred</b><p>Richard,<br /><br />Did you happen to get the copies of the back issues of The Old Judge that you need?