PDA

View Full Version : Argh! the USPS strikes again

Archive
05-27-2005, 05:50 PM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>I just got three new Exhibit cards packed in between two thick sheets of corrugated and the friggin' mail managed to crease them anyway. WTF are we supposed to do? Do these bozos sit on the damned packages??

Archive
05-27-2005, 05:57 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>I gaurnetee you that the same exact thign would happen with FedEx or any other shipper. If you send a flat type item it thrown into a bag where it has a distinct chance of being in a position so that when the bag is thrown, it will bend more than a few of the flat items. Short of putting a piece of hard plastic or metal in the envelope, there isn't much you can do about it.<br /><br />Jay<br><br>I like to sit outside drink beer and yell at people. If I did this at home I would be arrested, so I go to baseball games and fit right in.

Archive
05-27-2005, 08:11 PM
Posted By: <b>Peter_Spaeth</b><p>Must be a conspiracy between PSA and the USPS, or maybe their customer service departments overlap.

Archive
05-27-2005, 08:30 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>I've had one problem with the post office in 25 years of using them for shipping. The lone problem was a lost priority mail envelope that turned up 4 months later behind a bin when they were doing some cleaning. It was int he right city. It would seem the person doing the sorting missed the bin and didn't notice, so it sat there until the bin got moved. I've gottens ome packages that look like they have gone thru the mill, but the items inside survived thanks to good packing. I cannot say the same for UPS and the tens of thousands of dollars of items that disappeared from their boxes or never got delivered.<br /><br />Jay<br><br>I like to sit outside drink beer and yell at people. If I did this at home I would be arrested, so I go to baseball games and fit right in.

Archive
05-27-2005, 09:39 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie</b><p>by a truck--the top page was torn off; you could see the tire tracks!..I sent it and envelope back to seller, and he got his money back (it was insured).