PDA

View Full Version : 1926 Spalding Cards

Archive
05-26-2005, 09:24 AM
Posted By: <b>Judge Dred</b><p>I've seen a few of 1926 Spalding cards around relatively recently. Most appear to be in good shape so I can only assume that there was a find of these cards. Someone is selling a few on ebay. The seller has posted a price guide listing for these cards in the item description. The prices seem a bit inflated and ridiculous. Does anyone know where this price guide came from? I emailed the seller but I doubt he'd respond. <br /><br /><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5201862244&fromMakeTrack=true" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5201862244&fromMakeTrack=true</a>

Archive
05-26-2005, 09:50 AM
Posted By: <b>Peter Thomas</b><p>is right out of Allan Hager's publications.

Archive
05-26-2005, 09:52 AM
Posted By: <b>Judge Dred</b><p>Thank you. I figured there was something really wrong with that guide index and that explains it.

Archive
05-26-2005, 07:24 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>You also need to know that the superstars of the day, Ruth, Hornsby, etc are very common. Trying to find cards of common players, like the Emil Yde that I need, is no small task. If anyone has a Yde they would like sell, I'd really appreciate it.<br /><br />Jay<br><br>I like to sit outside drink beer and yell at people. If I did this at home I would be arrested, so I go to baseball games and fit right in.

Archive
05-27-2005, 12:21 AM
Posted By: <b>Scott Forrest</b><p>I have three track and field, all with coupons and original glassine envelopes, all in virtually mint condition. Not trying to downplay the value of these, but most that I've seen have been in EXMT or better condition.<br />

Archive
05-27-2005, 05:51 AM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>Be aware also that he slabs his own stuff (he is ASA--and no one uses his service, it seems, besides him) and everything is waaaay overgraded as a result. The two ASA slabbed cards I've gotten over the years are at least a few grades too high.

Archive
05-27-2005, 07:54 AM
Posted By: <b>brian p</b><p>There was a group of these offered in 2000 Robert Edwards auction that came with the original envelopes. In the description for the lot it mentions that there was a big find of these in 1992, which probably results in the large percentage of these cards found in upper conditions. <br /><br /> Maybe that makes the lower condition examples, like the one type card I own, more valuable, eh?<br /><br />Brian<br /><br />