PDA

View Full Version : Jones, keyser & Arras Cobb

Archive
05-12-2005, 03:22 PM
Posted By: <b>Darren J. Duet</b><p>Mike Wheat has one up for sale for $7K. I haven't seen one before, When was the last time one of these came up for sale/auction?

Archive
05-12-2005, 06:21 PM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>All JK & A cabinets are tough. Never seen a Cobb before. Has to be awfully rare.

Archive
05-12-2005, 06:26 PM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>Just went on ebay to look at the cabinet. I've never seen that exact image before, with the spectators in the background wearing those great straw hats; but isn't that the photo used for the King of Clubs sheet music? Sure looks like it.

Archive
05-12-2005, 08:17 PM
Posted By: <b>Scott Elkins</b><p>While I was looking through some old auction catalogs last night, I noticed the JC&A Cobb Cabinet that Mastronet auctioned (which was in "The Southern Gentleman's" collection).<br /><br />I never would have guessed another would have popped up this soon - I should have known it however, since I am currently drained of cash!

Archive
05-12-2005, 08:32 PM
Posted By: <b>joe</b><p>Barry, I just looked at my King of Clubs sheet music and you are right it is the same pose.<br /><br />Joe

Archive
05-12-2005, 10:27 PM
Posted By: <b>Rhys</b><p>Terry Knouse had a bunch of these cabinets the last time I saw him, but I do not remember a Cobb. <br /><br />This is a bit off topic but if anyone has Fred Cowles phone number could you please e mail it to me privately.<br /><br />Thanks<br /><br />Rhys<br />themodo@hotmail.com

Archive
05-13-2005, 05:33 AM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>At least my memory is still working. Now we know the source of that image.

Archive
05-13-2005, 07:40 AM
Posted By: <b>Jim Clarke</b><p>Terry did have the Cobb cabinet and sold it to Dan's friend. Dan can say the name and price if his friend does not mind.. JC