PDA

View Full Version : Does GAI Grade cards as Authentic?

Archive
05-08-2005, 03:24 PM
Posted By: <b>Charlie</b><p>I know this was recently posted but can't seem to find the post...Does GAI, PSA or SGC grade cards as authentic and what has to be written on the invoice?<br />Thanks very much

Archive
05-08-2005, 04:12 PM
Posted By: <b>John J. Grillo</b><p>If you call GAI a call for example and say you have a card that is either trimmed and/or you want to encapulate it, they'll assign an authentic grade to this.<br /><br />My understanding is that SGC and PSA will not do so.<br />

Archive
05-08-2005, 04:16 PM
Posted By: <b>Charlie</b><p>Thanks John

Archive
05-08-2005, 04:16 PM
Posted By: <b>Wesley</b><p>Yes<br /><br />Write "authentic only" on the form by the cards you want labelled as authentic.

Archive
05-08-2005, 06:46 PM
Posted By: <b>Richard</b><p>I believe that GAI will only do this service for significant cards - or at least that is what Baker told me the last time I spoke with him.<br /><br />Regards,<br />Richard

Archive
05-08-2005, 07:31 PM
Posted By: <b>tbob</b><p>Unless you are one of the big money boys, then they will.

Archive
05-08-2005, 08:02 PM
Posted By: <b>Mark</b><p>GAI will slab the card as authentic for anyone so long as it's a significant card. PSA has been known to do so as well, at least I have an "authentic-trimmed" PSA card.

Archive
05-08-2005, 09:40 PM
Posted By: <b>robert a</b><p>I have a GA authentic graded t206 chance with a blank back.<br />I always assumed that they graded cards that are supposively "hand cut" as authentic, but I'm really not sure if GA or PSA have any rhyme or reason when it comes to how they authenticate cards.<br />It should be written clearly on their website.