PDA

View Full Version : Too Many Red Flags For Me

Archive
05-08-2005, 03:12 PM
Posted By: <b>Paul</b><p>I recently bid on a 1919 Postcard of Ed Rousch, from the series of postcards issued by the Reds that year to commemmorate their world championship. I finished second in the bidding. Today (about a week after the auction closed), I received a second chance offer. I looked at the seller's feedback to see if the high bidder had returned the card and left negative feedback. Instead, what I found is that the seller he had auctioned off the exact same postcard -- with the same crease -- about two weeks earlier. For what it's worth, the buyer of that postcard said he was happy with it. The buyer in the more recent auction has not yet left feedback.<br /><br />This leaves three possibilities that I can think of. 1) The first buyer left positive feedback, then returned the card, and the second buyer also backed out of the deal. This seems extremely unlikely. 2) This seller found three of the same 1919 postcard, auctioned the first two off individually, and is offering me the third without an auction. Even more unlikely. 3) The seller is printing these off his computer. <br /><br />Anyone disagree?

Archive
05-08-2005, 09:34 PM
Posted By: <b>Judge Dred</b><p>A few years back I found about 40 of these post cards with many dupes. The condition was much better though. It's possible the seller had a few of these but it'd be extremely unlikely that all had the exact same blemishes.