PDA

View Full Version : anyone else getting virus e-mails??

Archive
05-04-2005, 03:41 PM
Posted By: <b>Derek</b><p>Hi..dont mean to go off topic here, but lately i have noticed that many e-mails have been appearing in my email account from such addresses as "@oldcardboard.com" "@beckett.com", etc that all contain trojan viruses (so says the scan). This is the only place i have ever posted that acount, and since they are all baseball card related, do you yhink there is a connection? This happen to anyone else? Or am I just being paranoid?? Thanks Derek

Archive
05-04-2005, 03:45 PM
Posted By: <b>Derek</b><p>sorry..just read previous post on same topic...please delete, Leon!!!

Archive
05-04-2005, 03:53 PM
Posted By: <b>Scott M</b><p>Sounds typical of the type of virus which infects ones computer and then goes through that computers email address books, mailing lists, sent items, etc and then sends itself out to all of the email addresses it can find.<br /><br />Remember, just because it says the email is from oldcardboard.com or beckett.com or joecollector@joes-isp.com, it doesn't mean a thing. An infected computer can send out hundreds or more emails to the email addresses it finds and can use another email address that it finds as the "from" email address.<br /><br />Best advice is to make sure the virus definitions for your particular anti-virus software are up to date and if you don't have anti-virus software, it is well worth the purchase<br />