PDA

View Full Version : T206 Cobb Orange

Archive
04-30-2005, 02:01 AM
Posted By: <b>warrior1978</b><p><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5190459763&fromMakeTrack=true" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5190459763&fromMakeTrack=true</a><br /><br />I recently sold my T206 Cobb with the EPDG back. While I do regret selling it a little bit, I have moved on.<br /><br />Any feels or opinions on the ebay link above? I sent several questions to seller. They have good feedback and have been on Ebay for a couple years. Obviously I would have the card graded pretty quickly by SGC and request my money back if it wasn't authentic or there were indications that it was altered. <br /><br />I'm also participating in the "live auction" for three three Ty Cobb cards ending tomorrow.<br /><br />thanks<br /><br />Warrior1978

Archive
04-30-2005, 05:01 AM
Posted By: <b>Hal Lewis</b><p>Don't waste your time or money on that.

Archive
04-30-2005, 05:31 AM
Posted By: <b>warrior1978</b><p>What are the indicators that it is fake?<br /><br />Here's what I see:<br />1) A good looking card that if real should've been graded and authenticated. Too good to be true? <br />2) Also offering a Ruth non-graded card<br />3) The seller has one negative for "non-communication". Ebay member for two years<br />4) The seller doesn't have much if any history of card selling or buying in their feedback.<br />5) Money-Back guarentee<br />6) Sold several Louis Vuitton bags for $500-2000. Buyers provided feedback indicating the bags were authentic and exactly has described. <br /><br />Questions I sent:<br /><br />1) Terms of the money back guarentee<br />2) Where/when they got the card<br />3) Has it ever been graded<br />4) If SGC says the card is fake or alterted/trimmed, will the money back guarentee apply? <br /><br /><br />#6 is a little persuassive for me because they are a lot of fake LV bags on Ebay, but the seller appears to be selling real ones. A negative feedback for selling a fake/altered card and not honoring their money back guarentee would likely kill all future expensive bag sales. If I pay via paypal (with credit card), I do have some external guarentees of getting my money back.<br /><br /><br />

Archive
04-30-2005, 05:56 AM
Posted By: <b>AParks</b><p>7) Obviously flunked grammar in high school.

Archive
04-30-2005, 06:41 AM
Posted By: <b>Hal Lewis</b><p>Are you really willing to go through all of that risk and hassle to maybe (BIG maybe) get something that is worth twice what you pay for it (since I am sure there will be a shill bidder as well)??<br /><br />Isn't it better just to go place a "Show" bet on the favorite in the 5th race today at Aqueduct?

Archive
04-30-2005, 07:12 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>How many buyers on eBay could actually tell a real LV bag from a fake? I'm sure most are bought by a husband or BF looking for a cool gift for the significant other and no clue what the difference is. Bt the time the bag is given as a gift and the SO figures out it is fake, buyer adn seller have probably already exchanged feedback.<br /><br />Jay<br><br>I like to sit outside drink beer and yell at people. If I did this at home I would be arrested, so I go to baseball games and fit right in.

Archive
04-30-2005, 07:38 AM
Posted By: <b>warrior1978</b><p>I read through his/her feedback pretty closely. As for the VL bags, at least one customer says they verified the bag at a LV Store. I've seen a lot of very fake and even less looking fake T206 cards on Ebay. How many of those also included a Reserve price? I am hoping someone will speak up and say: "Yeah, I sold it to him last week as a reprint" or "I know the seller and he's scammer". I'm very curious to know how he will respond to my questions. . As previously mentioned they are offering a Goudey Ruth, what I didn't mention was a another high end item that probably isn't faked: <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll</a>? <br />The seller may be selling some valuables that have been laying around the house and collecting dust. <br />I appreciate the input so far! <br /><br /><br />Awesome Loius Vuitton case. Authentic. Verified with LV Store. Will Buy Again<br /> Buyer aerosmith027 ( 69) Apr-02-05 05:51 6755542103 <br /> <br /> <br /> Absolutely authentic!! I love it!! So nice to do business with! AAAA++++++++++++<br /> Buyer roger101103 ( 6 ) Mar-30-05 15:45 6755545442 <br />

Archive
05-02-2005, 09:45 AM
Posted By: <b>Brian</b><p>Follow up:<br /><br />Response from seller to my questions:<br /><br />"Grandfather No grading done If deemed trimmed or not authentic will refund money"<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />I've spent enough money on the REA and something else I'm wathcing on Ebay, so I think I'm passing on this one. Update: I emailed the seller again, his reserve is much too high for even me, a risk taker, to consider. <br /><br /><br />Brian

Archive
05-03-2005, 01:15 AM
Posted By: <b>BCD</b><p> <br /><br />AParks<br />(Login AP13)<br />Sheesh.April 30 2005, 7:56 AM <br /><br />7) Obviously flunked grammar in high school.<br /><br /><br />more like jr. high school but I still have TWO mello mint Wagners and decided to post one on the registry Saturday.<br /><br /><br /><br /> <br />