PDA

View Full Version : W517/Exhibit/Strip observation

Archive
04-30-2005, 10:19 AM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>As many of you know, the W517 strip set seems to track the PC Back exhibit set in some cards and also has minis. There has been some speculation as to what the minis were. I think they are actually a separate strip issue. My reason for this is that I recently acquired some entertainment strip cards that track the poses on a PC Backed entertainment exhibit set which includes my Jim Thorpe. These strips are in two distinct sizes, roughly comparable to the W517 and W517 mini cards, respectively. I actually have one "mini" that matches exactly with its Exhibit big brother. Some of the cards are badly enough cut that it is apparent they came in vertical strips. I have also seen another similar mini strip set of entertainment cards that match Exhibit entertainment cards. They were uncut and they are vertical strips of 10 cards. I have a few of these too. Since the entertainment issues often track the baseball issues, my suspicion, therefore, is that we are dealing with three distinct issues in the following configurations: Exhibit PC back individual cards, three-card W517 strips, and a vertical strip issue of 10 cards that are what we call the mini W517s.