PDA

View Full Version : E94 question

Archive
04-28-2005, 11:14 AM
Posted By: <b>tbob</b><p>After I bought my orange E94 Devore (yes that is right orange), I finally agreed that there WAS a color other than the usual red, blue, green, olive, gold and violet. Since then, I have seen 4 other orange E94s, all graded, all from the same source. more surprising is that I have seen 3 navy blue E94s. Every single E94 I had ever seen had the sky blue background, not a dark almost navy blue. These cards are also graded and come from the same source. My question is has anyone else ever seen any orange or dark blue background E94s or have any in their collection. All of these are PSA 6s, 7s and 8s, I am curious if there are any dog earred oranges and navy blues around...

Archive
04-28-2005, 12:46 PM
Posted By: <b>robert a</b><p>Hi Bob.<br />With such a low population of these colors, isn't fair to assume that they're just color printing errors rather than true variations?<br />robert a

Archive
04-28-2005, 01:12 PM
Posted By: <b>tbob</b><p>Yes Robert, absolutely. They are definitely printing freaks (color absences or something like that) but I was just curious if anyone else had ever seen any of these.<br />Bob

Archive
04-28-2005, 03:01 PM
Posted By: <b>robert a</b><p>Where did BCD get em??

Archive
04-29-2005, 03:06 AM
Posted By: <b>BcD</b><p>1) Robert edwards auction in 1995-paid 15k for a killer raw set<br />2) bought a few from three different dealers including rick kohl circa 1997<br />3) bought three high grade ones on teletrsde prior to pictures offered on their site<br />4) acquired two for $15 each in high grade at a show in 1974 in walnut creek that I am sure Mark Macrae was at.mark,if you read this,his name was Pat Tinloy I believe. he was/is a teacher at Bret Harte middle school. Ring a bell???<br /><br />5) I think I acquired some from B.S. hero and future owner/moderator of this chat board when Leon retires.

Archive
04-29-2005, 10:04 AM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>I remember Pat Tinloy well. He was agreat customer of mine in the 1980's and definitely was a school teacher. He disappeared from the hobby a long time ago.