PDA

View Full Version : Fort Washington

Archive
04-26-2005, 12:24 PM
Posted By: <b>Greg</b><p>Is anyone going to the Ft. Washington show this weekend? If you are coming in from out of town and want to make a weekend out of the trip there is a very large antiques "Extravaganza Weekend" going on in Adamstown PA just down the PA Turnpike. I've found baseball stuff at this bi-annual event many times. If you like tobacco packs and advertising this is a good place for it. There will be literally thousands of dealers in four or five locations throughout the area i.e. Renningers market, Black Angus market and a couple of others. Just a heads-up for you guys, Ive gotten some great deals, and found some really neat memorabilia at this event over the years.<br />Greg B.

Archive
04-26-2005, 12:35 PM
Posted By: <b>FatBoy</b><p>Shupp's Grove.<br /><br />Its off the beaten path, but one of the better flea markets in the area. Its just on the outskirts of Adamstown.<br /><br />As a general rule of thumb, Adamstown (Renningers, Black Angus, the many Co Ops) venues are loaded with dealers who have "non flexible" asking prices. Shupp's Grove is where the real wheeling and dealing still takes place over quality antiques. I've bought many a tobacco and caramel card "under the trees in the grove".<br /><br />Just ask for directions at Renningers or Black Angus, everyone knows where this place is.<br /><br />Keith<br />

Archive
04-28-2005, 11:30 AM
Posted By: <b>Julie</b><p>All we have in Berkeley is Farmer's markets...