PDA

View Full Version : 1909 T206 Ty Cobb Detroit Principe De Gales SGC 40 VG 3

Archive
03-27-2005, 07:30 AM
Posted By: <b>dennis</b><p><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=57993&item=5179677751&rd=1" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=57993&item=5179677751&rd=1</a> somethings not right about these auctions from this seller.

Archive
03-27-2005, 08:00 AM
Posted By: <b>Hal Lewis</b><p>115 feedbacks, all positive.<br /><br />The SGC label says it is a EPDG back.<br /><br />The scan is a little fuzzy, but he is not claiming it is sharp or anything.<br /><br />I think he is legit.

Archive
03-27-2005, 09:07 AM
Posted By: <b>Scott Forrest</b><p>I think people should be careful about suggesting problems with auctions unless they have a solid basis for their accusations. For the last 6 months to a year this board has been getting a lot more of these type of posts, often for legit auctions and also often for sellers with good reputations. One of the reasons many won't post here.

Archive
03-27-2005, 09:07 AM
Posted By: <b>dennis</b><p>everything about the auctions seem fine,maybe he's selling off his collection or a friends. if you check his buying/selling there are no cards anywhere to be found and i find that strange.also the auctions are 5 and 3 day. clg grading on the jennings. i was going to bid on a couple of his cards and i just thought....maybe hijacked account.i did not think the cards were fake,just was asking what others here thought. but i can see where one might think that,from my original post (after rereading it).

Archive
03-27-2005, 09:30 AM
Posted By: <b>pete</b><p>i agree whole-heartedly...i found this site because someone (who shall remain nameless at this point) accused me of selling fake cards because i had sold a couple of real ungraded cards to a particular "scammer", who never paid. people here posted my email replies and finally about 3 or 4 of you guys backed me up and helped to clear me of selling fakes, and i thank you....and by the way, if you email someone and say you want to see the card personally because you live close by, make sure you do, because i took someone up on the offer to meet me at my work (local police department) and you never replied, that just shows how stupid you really are. i respect most of your opinions and have fun checking out your various cards and even envying some of you, but lets not forget there are still honest people on ebay, to include most of us.<br /><br />i'll get off my soapbox now...<br /><br />pete-

Archive
03-27-2005, 11:02 AM
Posted By: <b>Mike P.</b><p>Maybe this auction really belongs to "Dennis" (if that's your real name) and this is just a shameless plug for his own auction. Your punishment is to send me the card!

Archive
04-23-2005, 12:11 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian</b><p>I didn't find this website until I finished my auctions. This was my auction.<br /><br />I bought a dozen or so Detroit T206s over the past couple years I've been serving in Germany. I was cheap, found the cheapest grader at the time (CLG) and had several of them graded. The Cobb, I splurged and sent it to SGC. The cards have been collecting dust in the corner of my room, I decided to sell them and buy a painting instead. <br /><br />I have one auction left in the next week or so, a 1984 Fleer Update set. I orginally decided to sell it as is and "unopened". Too many questions about the condition of the Clemens and Puckett caused me to end the auction early and send them in for grading. I should have a Clemens SGC 96 and Puckett SGC 92 back in my hands in a couple days. Same situation here, I will sell the set, together with the other auctions I did should give me $2500 or so to buy my painting and my life time NRA membership.<br /><br />So the person who commented that I was probably just liquadating my cards was correct. I sold all the ones I purchased since I've been in Germany. The ones I still have my my youth will stay in my father's basement.<br /><br /><br />