PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Picture of Early Lafayette Baseball

Archive
04-21-2005, 08:57 AM
Posted By: <b>Joe K.</b><p>Hi. Sorry of this is slighly OT, but I thought forum may be able to help me. I just picked up this Lafayette College baseball uniform. Click link below to view. I am looking for a picture of the team or any player from 1911-1913, one where I can see this uniform being worn. I want to display the picture with the uniform. I don't need an original pic, a digital copy will be just fine. The uniform has the name "Fellimore" written in the tag, so I would also like to see if I can identify this player by finding a roster, program or scorecard from Lafayette that had this player listed. I have been unable to find a Lafayette Baseball pic from this era. Does anyone have one or have an idea where I can get one?<br /><br /><a href="http://www.geocities.com/vintagesportscollector/recent16.html" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.geocities.com/vintagesportscollector/recent16.html</a><br /><br /><br />Thanks!<br />-Joe

Archive
04-21-2005, 09:58 AM
Posted By: <b>jamie</b><p>your best bet is probably going to be an old yearbook. lc's book is called the Melange and a quick web search shows they were indeed being printed in 1911. ebay is a good source for this stuff or you could alternately try contacting the current editors. theyre usually pretty good about helping out

Archive
04-21-2005, 10:03 AM
Posted By: <b>Joe K.</b><p>Thanks Jamie. I contacted the Libray at Lafayette, as I know they have photos of the teams and players in their archive, and I am sure they have all the old yearbooks. I agree the yearbooks will surely have some photos. Noone form the library has responded to me so far. I live about 90 mins from Lafayette so push come to shove maybe I'll driver over there one of these days and see if I can copy some pics from a yearbook.

Archive
04-21-2005, 01:32 PM
Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>Many libraries have microfilm or similar records of the local newspaper. No doubt the old newspapers would have pictures of the team.

Archive
04-21-2005, 02:27 PM
Posted By: <b>Darren J. Duet</b><p>Hey joe,<br /><br />I have a ton of magazines and newspapers from the era your looking for, when I get home in the next 24 hrs or so I'll peruse the lot to see if I can help.

Archive
04-21-2005, 02:50 PM
Posted By: <b>Joe K.</b><p>Thanks Darren- I really appreciate the help!