PDA

View Full Version : Rare Orange & Green 1949 Bowman BB Wrapper

Archive
04-09-2005, 07:53 PM
Posted By: <b>Ted Zanidakis</b><p>Several years ago I picked up a 1949 Wax Pack wrapper that is<br />Orange - Green - White instead of the usual BaseBall one that<br />is colored Red - Blue - White. After having asked most of the<br />hobby gurus, no one appears to know much about this wrapper<br />or when it was issued, and with which cards (or series) in<br />1949. I bought many, many 1949 Bowman cards as a kid and they were all packaged in Red-Blue-White wrappers. Perhaps, the<br />rare PCL that year were packaged in this seldom seen wrapper?<br />Contrary to the hobby "myth" that the 1949 PCL cards were only<br />marketed as 36-card uncut sheets, some PCL cards were indeed inserted in packs. So, I am hoping that someone out there<br />can solve the mystery of this wrapper ?

Archive
04-09-2005, 08:11 PM
Posted By: <b>dan mckee</b><p>Hi Ted! I have seen your wrapper before, I just thought it was another variation of the 1949 bowman. I should have bought the one I saw but I didn't like a dummy. Thanks again for selling me all of those George C Millers many years ago! See you at the Fort in May! Dan.

Archive
04-10-2005, 08:39 AM
Posted By: <b>Ted Zanidakis</b><p>Hi Dan<br /> You passed up a real rarity in that wrapper. Mark Murphy's<br /> "Unopened Pack, Wrapper & Display Box Guide" prices this<br /> wrapper at $325. (back in 1996). Two years ago, I bought the<br /> one I have for a little more than that price.<br /> I'm very curious about the cards originally packaged in this<br /> particular wrapper. Hopefully, someone in the hobby has some<br /> insight about this mystery and can enlighten us.