PDA

View Full Version : Quality of West Coast Shows

Archive
04-02-2005, 10:50 PM
Posted By: <b>Paul Stratton</b><p>I'm new to the board so first of all I want to say that I have enjoyed reading and learning from all of you on this site. My question is in regards to "West Coast" shows. I 've just moved to Phoenix and I was interested to find out which shows draw the biggest crowds out here. How is Hollywood Park for instance?<br /><br />Thanks in advance for any info.<br /><br />Paul

Archive
04-03-2005, 07:17 AM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>The show is a mixed bag. There are a lot of dealers; most handle modern crap. Several good dealers from around the country make the trek to LA for the show and there are some good locals too. Trevor Hocking of this board usually takes a table to show his 19th century stuff and acts as sort of a central meeting place for N54 members; about 6-10 of us typically show up. I usually find at least a few decent items at each show but my collecting interests are a bit more eclectic than many others. If you are strictly a 19th century guy it is a waste of time. If you are in the area or planning on an LA vacation the show is well worth doing, but I'd not plan a whole trip solely around it.

Archive
04-08-2005, 09:43 AM
Posted By: <b>HW</b><p>I echo warshawlaw's statement.<br /><br />I make it out to CA for business quite a bit and try to stop by the Hollywood Park show if it works.<br /><br />I certainly would not go out of my way to do it.