PDA

View Full Version : e90-1 Jackson

Archive
03-31-2005, 08:48 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>anyone else get a second chance offer on the e90-1 Jackson that was recently on eBay? I know it's has to be a scam becuase I'm about 20th bidder down. <br /><br />Jay<br><br>I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.

Archive
03-31-2005, 09:11 AM
Posted By: <b>Howie</b><p>For old cards the chances of a legitimate seller ever needing to use this is rare. If a seller knows he won't be using it he may want to add a line in the listing mentioning that the 2nd chance offer will never be used, and to report it to Ebay if they're approached with one. A ripped off buyer will eventually be contacting the original seller to find out what's going on. He'll know nothing about it, won't be able to help the guy, and even though he did nothing wrong may lose the guy as a potential bidder in the future.

Archive
03-31-2005, 09:29 AM
Posted By: <b>Ted</b><p>I have been getting a ton of second chance offers lately. Forward it to spoof@ebay.com and they will check it out. You will also get an email to tell you specifics of second chance offers so you know when it is legitimate.<br><br>Ted<br />He who so shall, so shall he who!

Archive
03-31-2005, 09:55 AM
Posted By: <b>Robert</b><p>I just got 2 second chance offers on an auction that I did not win and they came from 2 different people. Funny how that works I guess one scammer liked the idea of what another scammer was doing and tried it himself. I only get it on big ticket items and have not received one for a lot under $2K

Archive
03-31-2005, 10:13 AM
Posted By: <b>r wong</b><p>I had this happen to me twice recently - both on high dollar items. On one, the spoof asked me to send payment to Texas, even though the seller stated in his auction that he is in California. Oops.<br /><br />Fortunately, I know someone who works at ebay and she forwarded the information directly to her contact in the fraud department. Unfortunately, the person who contacted me from the fraud department did so after 2 weeks and did not want any more of the information that I was willing to give her (like email and physical addresses). <br /><br />Does not give me much confidence in the ebay spoof investigations. It looks like, as far as Ebay is concerned, buyer beware.

Archive
03-31-2005, 10:17 AM
Posted By: <b>David Smith</b><p>We need to find a major shareholder outside of eBay and let them know what is happening. Once they see that people are trying to help eBay out, they might put some pressure on those who can actually do something about it.

Archive
03-31-2005, 10:18 AM
Posted By: <b>Glen V</b><p>I got 3 fake second chance offers last week. Looked up one and checked who gave them their feedback. Pretty scary how easy it is to set up an Ebay account. I'm sure all these are just for scamming: <a href="http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedbackMemberLeft&memberid=brian_and_brenda&items=-1&item=-1&de=off" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedbackMemberLeft&memberid=brian_and_brenda&items=-1&item=-1&de=off</a><br /><br />Would be nice if Ebay verified a valid address & credit card, maybe drivers license #. To easy for anyone to get a hotmail address, then an Ebay account...

Archive
03-31-2005, 10:49 AM
Posted By: <b>Bryan Long</b><p>But does anyone know what a selller can do when they know that someone is sending second chance options to buyers of a card that they sold. I sold a 52 Mantle on ebay just recently and I am getting e-mails from people saying that they got an e-mail about buying the card. How do I report this?

Archive
03-31-2005, 11:21 AM
Posted By: <b>Robert</b><p>I just sold a 51 Bowman Mantle for some high dollars and the scammers sent a second chance offer to him the winner, what idiots...He emailed me wondering what was up, I had to insure him that it was scammers out there trying to fish for anything they could get

Archive
03-31-2005, 11:29 AM
Posted By: <b>Mark</b><p>That Jackson looks to be in about the same comdition as the e90 Jackson from the last Mastro, complete with large pin holes in the same place. The price ended up slightly higher than Mastro's price with the juice, yet the seller's reserve wasn't met. I guess sometimes sellers think their cards are more valuable than market.

Archive
03-31-2005, 12:06 PM
Posted By: <b>Wesley</b><p>Mark, The Mastro copy with the two punchholes was in much worse condition than the ebay copy assuming it is real. In particular, one-third of the back was stripped away. The ebay copy was pretty clean aside form the two punchholes. I think Levy recently sold a PSA 1 with one pinhole and many creases for $3500, so the final price might not be so bad afterall.

Archive
03-31-2005, 01:27 PM
Posted By: <b>Mark</b><p>Wes, as someone currently marketing an e90 Jackson, you are conflicted out of this valuation discussion. Don't make me report you to the CA Bar's ethics hotline..j/k. <br /><br />I concede that this Jackson does look ok except for the fact that it has two large holes in it. I grade it a PSA 3(2LH). <br /><br />On a serious note, I am not alone in thinking the reserve was set too high or the card would have sold. Also, I am also not the first to compare this card to the Msstro Jackson - see Greg S.'s comment in prior thread.

Archive
04-02-2005, 01:35 PM
Posted By: <b>Dallas Cowboys fan</b><p>I haven't received any of the "scammer" 2nd chance offers - only a couple of legitimate ones. And Mark, no "snide" remarks about PSA!