PDA

View Full Version : I am new to baseball cards and need help!

Archive
03-30-2005, 03:02 PM
Posted By: <b>Hexus22</b><p>Thanx for reading this. I need some help on collecting baseball cards. I need to know some good players and I need to buy their cards. I am new to this, so I need some cheap cards under about $20.00. I appreciate the help.

Archive
03-30-2005, 03:15 PM
Posted By: <b>Robert</b><p>There has to be something about baseball that you like to make you want to start collecting. Do you have a favorite team, player, are you into Hall of Famers..something. Unless you are a fan of today or yesterday I don't really see any reason for you to start.

Archive
03-30-2005, 03:19 PM
Posted By: <b>dennis</b><p>as was posted above,we need more info from you and what you're looking to collect---new stuff,1950's-70's,pre ww2?

Archive
03-30-2005, 03:23 PM
Posted By: <b>dstudeba</b><p>Why do you need to buy these cards?

Archive
03-30-2005, 03:32 PM
Posted By: <b>pete</b><p>as long as you dont buy the ones i want....you have my approval!...you'll get a lot of this but you definitely need to pick something specific like time frame, certain teams or players, type of cards, etc...and a big question is "do you want to collect for investment, or just for the sport of it?" if for investment you need to collect pre-1970 at least, with a few exceptions to certain players. if its for the sport of it, you'll get tired of that real quick...my own opinions<br />pete-

Archive
03-30-2005, 03:41 PM
Posted By: <b>Hexus22</b><p>I need autographs of players in the Red Sox! I also want hobby boxes for under $30. What should I get?

Archive
03-30-2005, 04:17 PM
Posted By: <b>J Levine</b><p>What's a hobby box?

Archive
03-30-2005, 07:41 PM
Posted By: <b>Josh K.</b><p>I believe this guy is either full of crap or doesnt realize that this board is for vintage card discussions. A hobby box - how nice would it be if I could get a hobby box of T206's for under $30.

Archive
03-30-2005, 07:46 PM
Posted By: <b>TimJ</b><p>Would a hobby box be larger or smaller than a shoe box?<br />I would suggest asking family members if they ever collected baseball cards,you might get lucky.I started collecting in 1976 when my cousin gave me a nice shoe box of cards in the '57-'68 range.

Archive
03-30-2005, 07:49 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>This thread has gone about as far as it needs to. Let's get back on track please. I suggest if you don't know what you are doing you might read this board for a while and get your feet wet that way. Also if you visit the links section of this board you can find more info than you will care to have about Pre-WWII vintage baseball cards. This board is primarily about them and related items. Thanks for understanding......