PDA

View Full Version : Is this real? Please Help

Archive
03-28-2005, 10:33 AM
Posted By: <b>John</b><p>I know the corners are rounded, but the card is in great shape:color is great and back is upside down like the 15s. No creases or tears at all. Is it real?<br />Any help I could get would be greatly appreciated.<br /><br /><a href="http://johnhenne.tripod.com/joejackson" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://johnhenne.tripod.com/joejackson</a>/

Archive
03-28-2005, 10:50 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>It would really help if you had a picture or scan of the card without all the glare. Makes it hard to get a really good feel for the card.<br /><br />Jay<br><br>I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.

Archive
03-28-2005, 10:54 AM
Posted By: <b>Robert</b><p>On the bottom under comments it says that it is a REPRINT...and when you click on the back it says it again. I would be very careful and ask for a better scan...

Archive
03-28-2005, 11:05 AM
Posted By: <b>John</b><p>The new pictures are up without the glare!!!<br /><br />And what are you talking about it says reprint. Nowhere on the card does it say reprint.

Archive
03-28-2005, 01:27 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>If that's the actual color, I'd be very leery of the card. Short of seeing it in person, I wouldn't touch it. This is one of those cards that if someone is truely interested in selling they need to have slabbed because you will realize so much more money from the card, no matter what it grades, than if you leave it raw. Too many people will walk away from a card like this without having it slabbed.<br /><br />Jay<br><br>I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.

Archive
03-28-2005, 02:16 PM
Posted By: <b>Chuck R</b><p>If the person that started this thread was able to generate new pictures of the card, doesn't that mean he most likely already has it? Seems like someone possibly fishing to see if the experts can spot it as a fake

Archive
03-28-2005, 02:19 PM
Posted By: <b>Ben</b><p>with a strangely ambiguous title: <br /><br /><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=86841&item=5180409863&rd=1" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=86841&item=5180409863&rd=1</a>

Archive
03-28-2005, 02:32 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>Something very fishy about this thread......personally I would say the card is a big fat FAKE because I've seen a lot of Cracker Jacks and never any like this one.....I hope the seller, with about 83% positive feedback, gets exactly what they deserve...... regards

Archive
03-28-2005, 02:34 PM
Posted By: <b>John</b><p>No I'm not testing the experts. I put it on because I don't have a definate yes or no. I took the card to a PSA dealer about 30 mins ago and he stated that that if it is a fake, then it is the best he has ever seen. He believes that it is real, but I don't want to pay the $100 to join psa to get it graded. All I wanted was some insight on this card because I am unfamiliar with older cards and thought I might have come into something big here.

Archive
03-28-2005, 02:36 PM
Posted By: <b>John</b><p>Get what I deserve for what? I didn't do anything wrong. I gave it 7 days so I had time to withdraw if I found it to be a fake. What did I do wrong?

Archive
03-28-2005, 02:38 PM
Posted By: <b>John</b><p>Also, the negative feedback that I have is for a book that got caught up in the mail system and that was all taken care of.

Archive
03-28-2005, 02:45 PM
Posted By: <b>jamie</b><p>pray tell, what 'psa grader' did you take this to? anyone who couldnt spot that fake in person would be fired on the spot<br /><br />knowingly selling counterfeits is tantamount to fraud.

Archive
03-28-2005, 02:46 PM
Posted By: <b>John</b><p>Is located right outside of pittsburgh in mckees rocks, PA. And I'm not knowingly selling anything counterfeit. I don't know for sure that it is real but that doesn't automatically make it the opposite.

Archive
03-28-2005, 02:48 PM
Posted By: <b>martindl</b><p>John<br />Couple of things.<br />* you don't need to pay a $100 to join PSA to get a card graded. Use the local PSA guy that told you its a great card - he/she can submit it for you and will likely only charge you a few bucks for doing so<br /><br />* I think part of the reason people are questioning your integrity is that you aren't really approaching this thing straight up. In your post this a.m. you stated that you thought the card was legitimate because it even had the upside down printing on back. Now on Ebay you're saying that the card might be an error becuase of the same thing. You can't have it both ways. Deal with people straight up and they'll treat you right.<br /><br />good luck

Archive
03-28-2005, 02:49 PM
Posted By: <b>jamie</b><p>funny, but i didnt see that in your listing. so of course youre offering 100% money back if/when it turns out to be a counterfeit

Archive
03-28-2005, 02:50 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>You can send it to SGC, overnight, and for about $20 know if it's real or not. I have NEVER seen SGC not be able to tell if a card is real or not. If it's slabbed by them you will get thousands, yes I said thousands, more dollars than if you leave it the way it is. I have their address and know the graders very well. How about sending it to them? regards

Archive
03-28-2005, 02:52 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>I was just going to suggest the sending it to SGC too. No need to join a club and with vintage cards like this, SGC commands pretty much the same price as PSA. Plus, SGC recently graded the 1914 set, so the CJ collectors are very familair with SGC already.<br /><br />Jay<br><br>I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.

Archive
03-28-2005, 02:53 PM
Posted By: <b>John</b><p>I know what your saying. The dealer is the one that told me about the $100 fee. So im guessing he is not the type to do that for someone. <br /><br />And as for the ebay post, I am still unsure of the cards year because I am not familiar with cracker jacks. I am 21 years old, my oldest card other than this is from 1988. I know that the 15s have upside down backs, but as far as i have heard there are other differences that can be used to distinguish the two sets. Like color or paper. I really need some more help in dicifering this card because I don't want to get screwed over, but I'm not in this to screw someone else either. So I apoligize to you all for the confusion.

Archive
03-28-2005, 02:54 PM
Posted By: <b>John</b><p>Could I have the SGC address or contact information. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Archive
03-28-2005, 03:08 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>Here is SGC's website. It has an 800 number that you can call to get more info.<br /><br /><a href="http://www.sgccard.com" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.sgccard.com</a>/<br /><br />Jay<br><br>I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.

Archive
03-28-2005, 03:09 PM
Posted By: <b>John</b><p>Thanks for all your help guys and sorry for the confusion.<br /><br />the card is also off of ebay because i will be getting it graded<br />

Archive
03-28-2005, 04:09 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>The reason we came down on you a little hard is that we are all too familiar with scammers on ebay. The fact you are doing the right thing shows good faith. If it's real you have a very big bonus. If it's not then you save yourself some headaches. Either way thanks for doing the right thing...and good luck.....regards

Archive
03-28-2005, 04:37 PM
Posted By: <b>petecld</b><p>No, it's fake or the rerpint. The stock color and surface texture are wrong.